New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I know its still early pero Barack Obama has now made his intention clear to run for election so by defualt he becomes the Democratic candidate...

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Monday opened his 2012 re-election campaign with a website announcement and e-mails and text messages to supporters.

"This campaign is just kicking off," a short announcement said on www.barackobama.com. "We're opening up offices, unpacking boxes and starting a conversation with supporters like you to help shape our path to victory. 2012 begins now..."
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7312G620110404

My bet is Obama will lose his re-election and will become a one term President. As long as the Republican fields a reasonable candidate. Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin are being talked about. My personal favorite? RON PAUL!!!!

And what about the other smaller parties? THE TEA PARTY seems very strong these days...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    is it within his capability to replace joe biden in favor of Hillary?

or its a compulsory when the president assumes re-election automatic din na si joe biden ang running mate?
    Last edited by locoroco777; April 4th, 2011 at 09:06 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes he can choose to change his Vice President for the next run (although typically di ginagawa pero legally pwede). So if he decides to axe Biden in favor of Clinton pwede...

Sa US the President and Vice President go together and win together unlike dito separate ang voting sa dalawa... Which makes sense IMO kasi if you become incapacitated as President you want to leave the office to someone you trust...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pero siguro di rin papayag si Clinton kung Vice lang din naman, she would probably still want to be the Secretary of State (the most powerful cabinet position in the US executive and part of the BIG 4 along with the Secretary of Defense and Treasury (katumbas ng Finance Secretary dito) and the Attorney General which is equivalent to our Justice Secretary in here) mas may action eh! The VP in the US is just a spare tire to be honest tapos he is also the SENATE PRESIDENT pero unlike sa Pilipinas malakas ang SENATE PRESIDENT sa US tie breaker vote lang ang VP/Senate President...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I'm quite familiar sa functions...I'm just not sure about the legalities of axing out a running mate.... pero ok yun noh? powerhouse yun pag si clinton ang naging running mate nya hehe....pwede kayang VP si hillary and at the same time sec of the state? hehe...I'm just not into war economy like republicans want it for the states...

and yes, tingin ko din barack wouldn't ditch biden and same as hillary on not accepting the offer of the vice presidency....although I would still like to see Hillary sitting on the oval office...baka mag iba pa isip ni barack because he now knows the bitter taste of the presidency and he'll let hillary take over....

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Magandang laban Hillary VS Sarah...

Ayaw ko lang sa Democrats is ang lakas nila mag spend ang taas ng deficit ng US tapos gusto nila magtaas ng taxes. In other words the Demcorats are favoring BIG GOVERNMENT. Gusto ko si Ron Paul, he will eliminate the Federal Reserve and the IRS!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    his policy in Libya clearly indicates that he has no teeth. no-fly-zone lang, gumanti nasi Kadhaffi overrun na lahat ng rebel stronghold. what now? the bluff didn't work, tsk tsk tsk mahirap talaga pag statesman at hindi strongman ang President

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If Bush Jr. was still President wala na yang si Quadaffi...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    If Bush Jr. was still President wala na yang si Quadaffi...
    In a lameduck 2nd term, Bush could afford to play cowboy in Iraq. But as the US has learned from its adventure there, it's easy to oust a dictator, but you can't guarantee it'll be a safer place after he's gone. After Sadam, the country became a base for Al Qaeda terrorists and as the body count of US soldiers mounted, the support for the war and Bush declined. Obama won't risk the same fate, not if he's gunning for reelection.

The only way Obama can clinch another term is for him to fix the economy. As long as the majority of Americans are enjoying some form of prosperity, other issues won't matter much. Majority of Americans will thank their prez and they'll vote him back in power. Tulad ni Bill Clinton.
    Last edited by JackFlash; April 5th, 2011 at 12:29 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ayun na nga eh while unemployment is showing improvement its still very high and most of those new jobs are low paying jobs...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
2012 United States election