New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Who's your top choice for Manila Mayoralty post?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alfredo Lim

2 13.33%
  • Avelino Razon

6 40.00%
  • Joselito Atienza

3 20.00%
  • Isko Moreno

3 20.00%
  • I prefer others

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ex-PNP chief joins NPC for Manila mayoralty bid

By Lira Dalangin-Fernandez
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 10:59:00 10/21/2009

MANILA, Philippines – Former Philippine National Police chief Avelino Razon has joined the Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC) in preparation for his mayoralty bid for the city of Manila in the May 2010 election.

Valenzuela Representative Rex Gatchalian, NPC spokesman, confirmed Razon’s leap to the party, describing this as a “first major step” towards winning the post.

“We welcome with open arms former police Director-General Avelino Razon to the NPC fold even as we know that he brings with him the conviction to really serve and improve the lives of the people especially in Manila.” Gatchalian said in a statement.

After retiring from the PNP, Razon was appointed presidential adviser on the peace process on January this year. He quit his post on October 10.

Gatchalian said Razon would be a “good addition” to the party headed by business tycoon Eduardo “Danding” Cojuangco.

“What General Razon brings to the table is his integrity, professionalism and the genuine desire to serve the people,” Gatchalian added.

Razon is expected to go up against incumbent Mayor Alfredo Lim, vice mayor Isko Moreno, and Environment Secretary Jose Atienza, who has reportedly joined the party of former president Joseph Estrada.
    Quezon City Representative Mary Ann Susano bolted the administration party Lakas-Kampi-Christian Muslim Democrats (CMD) to join the NPC.
    Susano was eyeing the mayoralty seat against incumbent vice mayor Herbert Bautista. Former chief of staff Michael Defensor was also reportedly running.
    “Our party will continue to get stronger as we expect more defections from other parties in the coming weeks as we gear up for next year’s national elections” Gatchalian said.
    The NPC is expected to formally announce its standard-bearer and complete slate in the next few weeks. Gatchalian said the party was still choosing between Senators Francis Escudero and Loren Legarda for its presidential candidate
    Dami palang tatakbo para sa mayoralty post ng Manila, tulad nila Avelino Razon, Alfredo Lim, Isko Moreno at Joselito Atienza Para sa mga taga Manila,sino ang iboboto niyo?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Parang ok ako kay Isko or Razon. Yoko sa ex-mayors =P

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If he can get rid of the growing squatter colonies around Binondo, he'll get my vote!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Razon is expected to go up against incumbent Mayor Alfredo Lim, vice mayor Isko Moreno, and Environment Secretary Jose Atienza, who has reportedly joined the party of former president Joseph Estrada.

Atienza now with Erap's party? Sino pambato ni Pandakekok sa Manila?

Politics nga naman........

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ret. Gen Razon had a decent record as PNP chief. I think he can do the job.

Enough with the "old fart" Lim, showbiz guy Isko, and the "turncoat" Atienza. Manila needs a real leader. Grabe na kasi ang mga ILLEGAL sa lungsod na ito.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Isko? Please. He has already lost millions in poker.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Razon? sya ba yung kasali sa cover-up sa supposed kidnapping ni Jun Lozada? tama ba ako?

if he is, then he's somewhat shady.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    Ret. Gen Razon had a decent record as PNP chief. I think he can do the job.

Enough with the "old fart" Lim, showbiz guy Isko, and the "turncoat" Atienza. Manila needs a real leader. Grabe na kasi ang mga ILLEGAL sa lungsod na ito.

i could mention a lot sorry but i just cant resist, what irked me rescently was the trucks at south harbor who thingks the road is thier garage, theres a multitude of them there parking on both sides

i think new blood is in order..razon might be a good choice.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    Razon? sya ba yung kasali sa cover-up sa supposed kidnapping ni Jun Lozada? tama ba ako?

if he is, then he's somewhat shady.
    Dapat nga tinuluyan na si Lozada

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    kawawa naman mga taga manila. walang decent candidate, we have trapos, executioners etc...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2010 Manila Mayoralty bid