New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by honismitoy View Post
    We should help the poor.

One day lets invite ALL Metro Manila squatters to MOA or Araneta Colliseum and provide free food and clothing. Once they are all inside, lets bomb the place.

I know its impossible :-(
    Ultrasound Contraceptive Renders Rats Infertile | Gizmodo UK

Yan na lang gawin sa kanila habang nililiko sila ni will time menyek!!!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I'm in favor of more slums and squatters dito sa mga cities basta wag Lang sa waterways. The presence of the poor makes us Kaawa-awa in the eyes of the world and therefore affordable ang standard of living dito. The china bubble will burst soon, eh konti pa Lang na alleviate sa poverty sa kanila. Paktay sila ngaun sa inflation. Eh tayo moderate inflation rate and it can only be felt sa mga malls, pero da mga bayan-bayan imagine isang lanera leche flan 3 for 100. Eh sa kin that dessert can last 2 weeks na sa kin.

Kaya dont be too harsh sa squatters, bec they help in the pricing of food and rice and basic foods. And also they buy your pinaglumaan like gadgets, cars, etc pag wala ng squatter, Basura na Lang things mo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    I'm in favor of more slums and squatters dito sa mga cities basta wag Lang sa waterways. The presence of the poor makes us Kaawa-awa in the eyes of the world and therefore affordable ang standard of living dito. The china bubble will burst soon, eh konti pa Lang na alleviate sa poverty sa kanila. Paktay sila ngaun sa inflation. Eh tayo moderate inflation rate and it can only be felt sa mga malls, pero da mga bayan-bayan imagine isang lanera leche flan 3 for 100. Eh sa kin that dessert can last 2 weeks na sa kin.

Kaya dont be too harsh sa squatters, bec they help in the pricing of food and rice and basic foods. And also they buy your pinaglumaan like gadgets, cars, etc pag wala ng squatter, Basura na Lang things mo

tsaka nakaw ng bagong gadgets mo.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Another classic OBism...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ yup, kelan pa naging maganda standard of living because of the poor?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Coming from an outsider,- although amusing, there is some shade of truth to OBism...

16.7K:sampay: > :weathermanf2:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    OB, sabi mo the Philippines is special to God because of the misreable predicament of the poor... The only thing I see is the poor always wishing God would get them out of their predicament...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007

imo, we should encourage self-respect and personal responsibility. our neighboring countries, like Singapore, S. Korea, Taiwan, Thailand (during the tsunami), now even Indonesia, rose/are rising to where they are right now not begging for mercy and more aids but asked for opportunities to be able to stand on their own

Africa (except S. Africa) has received/been receiving aids from the West. so far, instead of getting up, nabaon pa ng lalo

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    OB, sabi mo the Philippines is special to God because of the misreable predicament of the poor... The only thing I see is the poor always wishing God would get them out of their predicament...
    The poor is poor bec. They are happy or settled in their current situation. Of course,from time to time they feel envious of the moneyed people maybe bec,. Na-look down sila or maybe they just felt envy. But I think, satisfied na sila sa noontime shows, nightly soaps, some occasional merry-making ang malling. They ask God for help bec. It's human nature naman for something greater to happen to each of our lives.

Kung tuusin, I have learned to respect the poor coz Mababaw Lang naman ang kaligayahan nila. ang mas nakakatakot pa nga eh mga katulad natin, greed ng greed, waste ng waste, accumulate ng accumulate. And if you ask them, are they satisifed? No bec, it's an addiction - a higher form of parasitism.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post

imo, we should encourage self-respect and personal responsibility. our neighboring countries, like Singapore, S. Korea, Taiwan, Thailand (during the tsunami), now even Indonesia, rose/are rising to where they are right now not begging for mercy and more aids but asked for opportunities to be able to stand on their own

Africa (except S. Africa) has received/been receiving aids from the West. so far, instead of getting up, nabaon pa ng lalo
    the IMF, the developed countries, the lenders, they love poorer countries more than these countries you mentioned. bec.they like to feel in power, and they can only wield such power to People like us. Yun Singapore, HK, hello! They live in small garage - area like spaces, and can't even own a car bec, their land area is too small. For me that's not progressive. If you don't have enough room to breathe, wala din yun. It's just for show

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
100,000 slum folk must go