New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828
    supply and demand. its primary driving force for car sales economy. Which is why in 1-2 years time cars like the Toyota Fortuner and Mazda 3 can still hold better value than their equivalent competitor. In fact i predict the Fortuner to have one of the best resale values for any SUV sold here.
    How soon do you think we'll see 2nd hand Fortuners for sale?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    My SA told me I can sell my unit at a brand new but based on old (original) price. I told her I'm planning to get the new RAV. But unfortunately the New RAV is more expensive than the Fortuner.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    perhaps, its the reliability sans the size. sure, you can get the comfortable ride in a car but in road conditions here in the philippines uh well, an SUV seemed more practical choice whether you are wading those flooded streets or overcoming those potholes to say it short it you don't have to worry about those. plus space there's a lot of it.

but i couldn't get the rationale of the those crossover SUV (CRV's) basically they are based on Civic platform only that it was set on a higher clearance then throwing in a 4X4 system. sure 4X4 could come handy but i'm having doubts about the sturdiness of a CRV with respect to the suspension system.

an SUV is a go-anywhere vehicle. you can bring it to formal occasions or to the playground where the absence of road is a norm. and yes this the premium why it is more expensive- the price of versatility.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    SUV are gas guzzlers. Cars are not (provided you dont get a V6). My computation on using both vehicle for at least 5 years (at least 15T km a year). The resale value price of the car may be lower but he has a huge saving on gas & maintance bill.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    that is, if you get a gas-fed V8 engine. however, you can get a 4 -pot turbo diesel manual SUV if you want. not as much as kick as the gas counterpart, but you get the torquey engine. i always thought that power is only appreciated on horses underneath but now, i'm for more torque. but that is just me.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    SUV's resale value are not doing well in the US bec. people are now dumping their very gas guzzling SUVs in favor of crossovers vehicles, which are said to be more fuel efficient. Among the "big" three auto manufacturers (GM, D-C, Ford) in the US, it is only GM toting a SUV as part of its long term vehicle line-up plan.

In the Philippines, we all know its the opposite.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    SUV's resale value are not doing well in the US bec. people are now dumping their very gas guzzling SUVs in favor of crossovers vehicles, which are said to be more fuel efficient. Among the "big" three auto manufacturers (GM, D-C, Ford) in the US, it is only GM toting a SUV as part of its long term vehicle line-up plan.

In the Philippines, we all know its the opposite.
    I think it's because most SUVs in the Philippines are running under diesel fed engines... but this may not be the case if it's using gas fed engines just like what happened to Ford SUVs.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    simple lang yan....

more metal, more scrap! magkano na kilo ng bakal ngayon? ehehehe!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well tama lahat sila...also like me a family man... would prefer SUVs so that i can squueze my family and sankatutak na mga gamit...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by delprado
    I think it's because most SUVs in the Philippines are running under diesel fed engines... but this may not be the case if it's using gas fed engines just like what happened to Ford SUVs.

it's not that all true that Ford SUV owners are dumping their gas guzzler vehicles. I still see a lot of 1st Gen Ford Expeditions running around, most of them repainted looking-like the 2nd Gen's Eddie Bauer Editions or they buy these chrome mags and chrome grills to spruce up their old Expeditions.

I think the main reason why Ford Expedition owners are selling their units cheap is bec. they can afford to. They dont care about the price gap (from purchase value to resale value) coz they already earned more than what they invested for. By just driving around the golf course or hotel driveway with an Expedition, some businessmen close multi-million peso deals with ease, the same way as BMW owners get more *** what's a 1 million depreciation cost, if they earned 10M to 100M profit in closed deals, by just simple association with a prestigous SUV, d'ba?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Why do SUVs have higher resale values than cars?