New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In support of Niky's argument, look at the resale of the Expedition. Mas mura pa sa Gen2.5 Paj in some cases.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depende din iyan sa SUV. But SUV's defy aging better than sedans which are often victims of fashion and were designed to be 'uso' during their time. The '88 Pajero is still handsome today. The '88 Galant does not exude the same appeal (unless maganda restoration).

Also, when SUV's grow old, they become toys. When cars grow old, most get junked.

Sa market natin malakas demand for SUV's because of the aforementioned reasons. But never ako nagsisi for getting an SUV. It has served its purpose well and was well worth the price.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    IMO, one simple reason is that SUV's are much bigger and a lot of people can fit in to. its about power and durability.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    all of the above. plus one other thing, we pinoys are inherently SUV-crazy. i guess this is because of the terrible driving conditions (lubak the size of a tractor tire) and flooding here na in some areas, an SUV becomes a necessity, not a luxury. plus a lot of us like going home to our provinces where a lot of the small roads are not that well paved and the inclines are pretty steep so kelangan din. so mataas talaga demand for them and those that cant afford the brand new ones opt for the second-hand ones. supply and demand.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Ford SUV's suffered the same fate as euro cars like volvo and audi. sa sobrang takot ng 2nd hand buyer na baka magastos i-maitain ang mga ganito type of cars. less ang demand so napipilitan ang owners ibagsak ang presyo kung desperate ibenta.

but I still envy those people driving around with 1st gen expeditions, iba ang trato talaga sa kanila even sa golf course, sa mga bldg. driveways, sa traffic etc ...

in fact in some weddings White Ford Expeditions are being used as bridal cars hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a real suv 4x4 will be priced higher and demand more value in the used car market than any sedan, even if a newer model of the suv came out, it is and will always be a 4x4, that's why there value will always be higher than any used car in the market.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Currently sa US, napakababa ng resale value ng SUVs dahil sa gas prices.

saka kung mas marami ang Accord kaysa sa Pinas, malamang mas mahal ang resale ng CRV.

"Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility"

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Also, when SUV's grow old, they become toys. When cars grow old, most get junked.
    I was going to agree, then I thought... what about Honda Civic Hatchbacks and Toyota Starlets?... so I was going to object, but then I remembered their resale value... ...so I still agree. :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    I was going to agree, then I thought... what about Honda Civic Hatchbacks and Toyota Starlets?... so I was going to object, but then I remembered their resale value... ...so I still agree. :lol:

very true.
    Last edited by oldblue; January 15th, 2006 at 04:13 AM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    supply and demand. its primary driving force for car sales economy. Which is why in 1-2 years time cars like the Toyota Fortuner and Mazda 3 can still hold better value than their equivalent competitor. In fact i predict the Fortuner to have one of the best resale values for any SUV sold here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Why do SUVs have higher resale values than cars?