New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    This is my 1st time to start a thread so sorry kung redundant

I know the trooper and pajero have been compared a lot but no one actually asked which is more reliable and I mean breakdown of a car with regular maintenance. And which one is cheaper to maintain in Casa

I know that Pajero has a lot of parts available outside, but does it mean, it breaks down easily...

Question:
    which is cheaper to maintain in Casa
    which is more reliable (not parts available but car breakdown)
    which gives better Casa service, Mitsubishi or Isuzu

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Matibay ang Pajero, make no mistake about it :D Konting alaga lang... kahit saan dadalin ka. Maraming parts available kasi widespread na parts network ng Mitsu.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. mitsu
    2. mitsu
    3. mitsu

bias ba? :roll:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    how much ba PMS ng Pajero sa Casa?... saw in the other thread that the Trooper will set you back 9T

Im more particular with cost of ownership rather than the car's features...

My brother had a Pajero and he pays close to 20-30T a year in the casa... with a mileage of 15T a year.

Just heard many complains for both cars like Pajeros non working suspension, Troopers sensitive to dirty diesel, etc.

I just want the most reliable one without the pains of going back and forth to any Casa or shop... Im not good on DIY on cars and not patient enough to bring cars on unschedules PMS.... but I do bring them every 5T!

I guess my question is, which is more of a "toyota" when it comes to reliability and cheaper to maintain.

BTW - cant afford a toyota SUV if that's what your thinking

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    20-30T in a year paksyeet oopps sorry... considering 15T hmmm bago pa yun ah... ganun ba talaga yun nako po... kung ganun ang gastos ng brand new di na ako bibili.. kakatakot he.he.he.. sa second hand na lang ako.. he.he.. Pajero pa rin..

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    cta2,

kapatid, just curious, why are those the only SUVs you're considering? how about a Nissan Patrol? (thinking only of ones of comparable size)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2

I guess my question is, which is more of a "toyota" when it comes to reliability and cheaper to maintain.

BTW - cant afford a toyota SUV if that's what your thinking
    Why not consider a 4x4 pickup?

I would suggest a Hilux 4x4.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mahal talaga sa Casa. Pero kapag naka-Mitsu ka, kahit sa gubat may mekaniko (nasubukan ko na). Laking tipid.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Im limited with my budget so my choices are Pajero or Trooper... I have a big family (3 children) so I need a bigger car than a pickup.

Actually, my trooper has arrived already (this decision was base on forums during kotse.com days, but I was a browser rather than a poster)... In fact it was OTEP that strongly suggested the Trooper back then... coming from a Pajero owner, those statements where important.

Im just anxious how much I need to maintain my car coz I didnt expect it to be that high base on these forums (Im still out of the country so dont tell me to ask the dealer).

I just thought that the Trooper will actually be maintained cheaper than a Pajero, coz alot said that build quality of a Trooper is good. (say, less horror stories than a mitsubushi)

Base on my experience, Mitsubushi cars are okay but you need to give it extra care... or if you like tinkering with cars (I dont, sorry)

Im asking this question, also coz I have the option now of selling my new trooper to my other brother (same price) and get a Pajero... so Im back to square one!

Im happy with any car, as long as its reliable and cheaper to maintain in Casa (has to be in casa, policy ng company, but shared payment) ... so which one?

BTW - so that we will not go into circles (hindi ako sitahin ng admin) no need to elaborate which has more features... im sure pagod na din kayo comparing the 2 cars (I have searched a lot)... its just the reliability issue

Thanks guys

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung casa maintained, mas mahal talaga ang isuzu dahil sa policy nila to use their own engine oil, etc. kung sa mga regular replacement parts lang naman, madami din naman mabibili sa labas.

kung policy ng company nyo na sa casa magpaservice, mag pajero ka nalang. sabagay kahit sa labas ka magpa service, mas madami parin mga mekaniko na mas bihasa sa pajero engine, especially 4d56.
    Signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
what's more reliable and cheaper to maintain?