New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    To all concerned tsikoteers who happened to pass by Quirino Highway this week, what is the road condition, malalaki ba ang mga lubak,wala bang roadslips gawa ng ulan this week, I'm planning to go to Bicol (Naga City) on Monday Aug. 7, 2006 advisable bang magdala ng car?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    as much as possible, i would not recommend passing through quirino. I just went through quirino on July 25 and the condition could not be worse.
    there are many one lane portions which would delay your travel greatly as well as severely damaged roads. what usually took an hour and thirty to forty five minutes to traverse the 93 km quirino took me over two hours and a half.
    save yourself the aggravation and your car of a bad beating by passing through daet.

yet another glaring reminder of how corrupt our officials are. ever notice that the name of the quirino highway ('andaya' highway) is wholly appropriate? ie. an(g) daya!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailhook
    as much as possible, i would not recommend passing through quirino. I just went through quirino on July 25 and the condition could not be worse.
    there are many one lane portions which would delay your travel greatly as well as severely damaged roads. what usually took an hour and thirty to forty five minutes to traverse the 93 km quirino took me over two hours and a half.
    save yourself the aggravation and your car of a bad beating by passing through daet.

yet another glaring reminder of how corrupt our officials are. ever notice that the name of the quirino highway ('andaya' highway) is wholly appropriate? ie. an(g) daya!
    Thank you so much for your advise

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yong sa bicol side, well maintained... meron gumagawa asap kahit patch repair, yong pabaya yong sa quezon side

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I suggest you take the old national hiway, medyo mahaba nga lang ang byahe, but the road condition is okay.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    you're welcome. anyway, the route which passes through daet is more scenic and more challenging to drive. it has got of elevation changes, with numerous s curves, some flat portions. plenty of variety. its really fun to nail apex after apex of the 's' curves. (just make sure there is no oncoming traffic)

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    kagagaling ko lang ng legazpi last weekend... dun kami dumaan nastranded kami for close to an hour dahil sa one-way traffic sa tagkawayan... would not recommend passing by there... not to mention ung mga lubak...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba bagong gimik sa Bicol. Napapadalas yata ang mga taga tsikot doon ah.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sinisilip... baka umuwi ka na! nya ha ha ha ha

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo malubak pero ok lang...mas mabilis kaysa sa Daet (National Highway).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What is the condition of Quirino Highway from Tagkawayan to Sipocot