New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Pag double decker kailangan pag sakay bayad agad, mahirapan maningil ang conductor niyan

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Okay, but it wouldn't be actually a bad deal for them.
    A half-empty single bus is losing you money every minute it's on the road and burning diesel to run the airconditioner.

But a half-empty single bus will be losing less money than a three-quarters empty articulated bus. Two half-empty single buses would be losing more, but when you have two, you can garage one and just run the other. Makes for more flexible operation.

I like double-deckers... upper deck is fun... but they're not going to fit on our roads.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Now let's see that fit underneath a pedestrian overpass.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Now let's see that fit underneath a pedestrian overpass.
    That's the current problem with re-introducing double-deck buses again in the metro, many (if not most) pedestrian overpasses were constructed with limited clearance for tall vehicles.

Usual height of a double-decker is between 4,2m and 4,5m. But the ground clearance is not so high as you can see in that old picture, comparing the Leyland DD with the Hino Blue Ribbon and that yellow bus I didn't know the bodybuilder.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    there are reasons why bus operators here do not use double deckers and extended buses

if double deckers and extended buses are applicable here (and profitable) they would have used them already

it's not as if buses operators here don't know double deckers and extended buses exist and that somebody has to introduce those kinds of buses to them
    Last edited by uls; February 8th, 2012 at 12:23 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Usual height of a double-decker is between 4,2m and 4,5m. But the ground clearance is not so high as you can see in that old picture, comparing the Leyland DD with the Hino Blue Ribbon and that yellow bus I didn't know the bodybuilder.
    I would wager 4.2 is the one without a roof? Roofless won't work here in the Philippines.

4.5 meters is too high. Minimum clearance to overpasses on major highways is around 4.2 meters (EDIT: internet check... 4.27 meters, actually). On minor roads, you're lucky to even get close to 4 meters of height clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I would wager 4.2 is the one without a roof? Roofless won't work here in the Philippines.

4.5 meters is too high. Minimum clearance to overpasses on major highways is around 4.2 meters (EDIT: internet check... 4.27 meters, actually). On minor roads, you're lucky to even get close to 4 meters of height clearance.
    Roofless ones are around 4 meters high, intended only for city tours. Some actually have a retractile canvas roof, altough this wouldn't be the most suitable for urban transit since it wouldn't be easy to fit the aircon.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    meron na iyan dati sa manila. kung di ako nagkakamali megabus pa ata tawag dyan dati. edsa lang ata ang biyahe nung mga bus na iyan before
    18 wheeler

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What about articulated buses?