New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    I currently live in Texas and will be coming home soon, for good. I have an idea of how much it will cost me to bring my truck with me (shipping and import taxes). Is there a demand for US trucks in the Philippines? Hindi ba masyadong malaki for the streets? What would it be worth if I were to sell it there?

It's a 2010 Ford F-150, tuxedo black, 2WD, 4.6L V8, auto, cruise, air, etc.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Wala? No one has any input?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    you're better off selling it there and just buy one here in the phils. not much people interested in buying a gas guzzler truck. most pinoys prefer diesel trucks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renan205 View Post
    Wala? No one has any input?
    The F-150 was previously sold here and given the prices of gasoline, you'll just have to sell it cheap for anyone to buy it. That is the experience of previous and current F150 and Expedition owners. Some have converted to Auto-LPG which makes the cost of fuel cheaper, but the fuel consumption remains the same.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksun25 View Post
    you're better off selling it there and just buy one here in the phils. not much people interested in buying a gas guzzler truck. most pinoys prefer diesel trucks.
    Best advice is this. Buy Ford Ranger 2012 model here when you get back home para Ford pa rin. hehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just sell it. Taxes and shipping alone will eat up whatever profits you can make by selling the vehicle when you get here.

Best to buy a new Ranger when you get here. The global Ranger coming next year is going to be nearly as big as the F150 and will have the benefits of a diesel engine, to boot.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Walang bibili ng ganyan dito.

Kung yung grey market Ford F150 Raptor, hindi naging mabenta eh.

Masyado kasing malaki and it gulps gas.

If you want to be unique, go on bring it over here. Pero if you want to be practical, sell it there and save the money for a new car here. Less stress. Less hassles.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Ok. Thanks. The plan talaga is to sell it here. I was just checking baka merong demand sa Pinas. Like when we moved to England, I sold my 83 Jeep CJ-7. When we got to England, I ran into a guy who brought his and has been getting unsolicited offers to buy his Jeep.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Just out of curiousity, I did the math and converted km/l to mpg. Yung 6 km/l equates to 14.1 mpg. Yung 8 km/l is 18.8 mpg. Yung 10 km/l is 23.5 mpg. My F-150 does 19-20 mpg mixed city and highway driving. So mga 8.5 km/l, which is pretty good compared to the numbers I saw in the fuel consumption threads. Then again, city driving dito sa Texas means anything under 100 kph. Yung highway driving is more like sustaining 120 kph for hours. Still, I plan to sell this truck and get something like a D-Max.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renan205 View Post
    Just out of curiousity, I did the math and converted km/l to mpg. Yung 6 km/l equates to 14.1 mpg. Yung 8 km/l is 18.8 mpg. Yung 10 km/l is 23.5 mpg. My F-150 does 19-20 mpg mixed city and highway driving. So mga 8.5 km/l, which is pretty good compared to the numbers I saw in the fuel consumption threads. Then again, city driving dito sa Texas means anything under 100 kph. Yung highway driving is more like sustaining 120 kph for hours. Still, I plan to sell this truck and get something like a D-Max.
    Philippine traffic is really, really, really bad. Every time I get a V6 or V8 test unit, I cringe, because I sometimes get 8 mpg in urban driving. I've seen as low as 6 mpg from SUVs in city driving during the Christmas rush.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

What is a 2010 Ford F-150 STX 2WD 4.6L V8 worth?