New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I think i've messed up the water separator device thingamagig on my dad's isuzu highlander. its the hand pump looking cylinder that comes next to the fuel filter.

I accidently pulled the wires (2 wires) underneat the device. i tried to dismantle the thing. (grabeh, hirap tanggalin). but to my disbelief, some rodent had eaten the wires up to the plastic casing. now i know its not my fault why the wires got lose. now the problem is, what are those two wires are for? i've check the dashboard panel and everything checks fine. is it safe to use the vehicle? where should i get it fixed? a specific shop repair to be exact.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the wire is for an indicator that tells you if the separator is already full of water, "check filter". some will have it combined with the "check engine" lamp. no worries as long as you drain it periodically. internally it's just a a magnetic switch triggered by a float.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    the wire is for an indicator that tells you if the separator is already full of water, "check filter". some will have it combined with the "check engine" lamp. no worries as long as you drain it periodically. internally it's just a a magnetic switch triggered by a float.
    thanks for the info. how do i drain it and how often?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    advice po tuwing kelan dapat i-drain ang water separator of 4ja-1. my mileage is less than 20,000.

water separator problem?