New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    na try ko sa Revo ng brother ko before.....wala syang ganun eh.... kaya pinag ddisketahan ko ng me defect yung adventure ko....... kahit nung brand new pa sya....nirereklamo ko na sa casa yun....

una, ne resurface nila yung rotor disc......... meron pa rin.....

2nd, ne resurface uli on next PM visit ....... meron pa rin.....

3rd, pinalitan na...... meron pa rin ngayon....

kaya ang tanong ko.... na experience din ba eto sa pajero ?

o kaya sa mga kombinasyon front disc brake/rear drum brake ?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup. naexperience ko ito sa pajero. they say its the rotors but i still have not replaced them baka mali ang diagnosis.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So far wala itong symptom na ito in my Strada.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    If the "circles" on the rotor are deep then your brake pads are too hard- change to a softer compound, like bendix 4x4 model.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gambit, said cocentric circles are normal as long as they are not deep. Touch the rotors, pag malalim tlaga, then its definitely not normal. dapat smooth to the touch.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sometimes vibration during braking the culprit is not only the brakes. others are not well balanced tire, worn steering components, bearings not properly tightened, uneven tire wear. This happened once sa prado ng friend ko, checked the brakes na, changed the pads, balanced the tires again, resurfaced the rotor. the culprit is the rubber bushings holding the steering rack and pinion.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    By the way, is the Pajero Gen 2.5 (2000 model) equipped with ABS? Tanong ko lang kasi hindi ko yata nakikita ito as safety features i read from mits paj manual and brochure. I have not noticed it too when I have my brake serviced during the weekend.

I experienced vibration too (jerky) when brake is applied especially when my ride is steeping downhill. What the mechanic found is that my left rear brake pad stucked-up causing surface damage on my rotor. I have all the 4 wheel pad replaced, 1 rotor resurfaced and 1 broken brake assembly nut replaced (medyo mahal po ang turnilyong ito P900). Now I feel the improvement in terms of smooth and immediate brake response.

Paki sagot lang un tanong ko na kung may abs ang 2000 model na Pajero ha.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala sir.

Yung manuals po natin kasi galing Japan so some of the features listed there are either optional or not available in the local release.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by ARB
    sometimes vibration during braking the culprit is not only the brakes. others are not well balanced tire, worn steering components, bearings not properly tightened, uneven tire wear. This happened once sa prado ng friend ko, checked the brakes na, changed the pads, balanced the tires again, resurfaced the rotor. the culprit is the rubber bushings holding the steering rack and pinion.
    Yup, there are a zillion reasons why your car would be vibrating under hard braking from 120km/h... and poor alignment or balance should be the first thing you tackle.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I haven't experienced it. Baka naman engine vibrations lang. Anong tawag uli doon? Yung sobrang baba ng rev tapos naka 5th gear pa rin..I forgot the term..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
vibration when braking at high speed