New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang. malalim ang tubig sa cave, gang dibdib ko kaya need mong buhatin pag may bata kang dala unless marunong mag swim. ok na yun halsema highway well most part of it.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    ok lang. malalim ang tubig sa cave, gang dibdib ko kaya need mong buhatin pag may bata kang dala unless marunong mag swim. ok na yun halsema highway well most part of it.

Ano mas magandang road condition, halsema or yung bontoc to sagada road?
    May I ask where you stayed in banaue/ sagada or can you suggest a nice place to stay? So far St. Joseph and Rock inn are the most recommended. Thanks again.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My bro took it recently with a Grandia... any van in good condition will do. The Grandia or the Urvan Escapade is pretty good... The commuter might not be that comfy.

4. Jj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    I took the Sagada last summer(around end of May) we used a hi-ace Grandia... I noticed that most Vans being used to travel along the route are Nissan Urvans, toyota Hiace 2.4 commuter and Korean vans like the H100 and Besta( I did see a Honda Civic SIR in the sagada town proper )... hmmm, as long as the vehicle is well maintained you will not have any problems(check suspension since the roads are bad after you enter the Boundry of Mt. province via the halsema highway not cemented and no barriers so bangin agad)

I took the both route since we drove from baguio(stayed overnight) - Sagada(via Halsema Higway) then to banaue (via bontoc to sagada road) then down to manila (via nueva vizcaya) I found the Halsema to sagada route to be better, since there are less parts which has landslides(although longer) and it was very scenic drive.... ( I evan saw a place were they had 3 GU Nissan patrols(2 black and 1 white) parked inside a compound in one of the villages) the weather when I took the trip was a bit bad, since it was raining most of the time while we were on the road...

We stayed at the St. Jospeh's inn, We rented a cottage to stay, which could accomodate around 3-4 people each... although, I did find the room was not cleaned well, since, I found a old sock under the bed

I would recommend that you rent a local jeep and guide when you go around sagada(some places have bad roads and makes it easier for you to find the sites) and you are required to go to the municipal hall since you have to register and pay an enviromental fee) and there is a curfew inposed in Sagada after 10pm(the cell Sites are also turned off at that time)

We went to echo Valley, hanging coffins, Lake Danum, Kiltepan terraces and Bomod-ok falls(Bring a lot of water since the walk is a bit long thru the terraces(going down and really tiring going back up if you are not physically fit) and bring a sun block...

I have gone to Banaue 2x this year(one with my class and another with family members) I stayed at the Banaue Hotel in both trips(check with the Philippine Tourisim Authority for information and bookings) the hotel is a good place to stay, although, since it is a Government run facility, it is not really up to date in its facilities... but i would saw a lot of foreign Diplomats staying in this hotel and holding conventions or R&R...

Well hope this helps... just my 0.2 cents
    Last edited by Jj; November 28th, 2006 at 07:45 PM.

pangako ko to sa misis ko...kaya parang ganito ang kukunin ko. hinahantay ko na lang...

kasi pwedeng ganituhin or ganito

mga magkano ang budget kailangan guyz, (back and forth+board-lodging)?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jj,
    Thanks for the heads up

Yummy,
    Mag Patrol ka nalang :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by landlord View Post
    Ano mas magandang road condition, halsema or yung bontoc to sagada road?
    May I ask where you stayed in banaue/ sagada or can you suggest a nice place to stay? So far St. Joseph and Rock inn are the most recommended. Thanks again.
    Bontoc to sagada is only a 1 hr drive. yun halsema is 6-7 hr from baguio to sagada. kahit masama yun sa bontoc-sagada eh maiksi lang yun ;)

masgusto ko parin space ng van, e

pero kung GQ na katulad kay sir ungas (2-3 times ko na nakita yun, sa sto. domingo at sa may greenhills at noong nakadelica pa ako, nakasabayan ko noong gitna ng tagulan sa macarthur hway pabalik to manila from ilocos ata sila, ako galing cabanatuan), pwede! kaya lang, malayo sa 400T ang 96-97,e.. may 2 ref pa nga pala yun

ung cash damage po magkano? para mabudgetan na....(except the cost of the GQ or spacegear) gas at B&L....at souvenirs

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    budget? hmmm...i'll have to get back to you...ilan kayo? manila-banawe-sagada-baguio?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    5 pax around 20 k.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
van fit for banaue - sagada