New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009

This may not be Pinoy made, but if the government may not be willing to purchase something like this (though I think they should), I believe that with Pinoy ingenuity, we can come up with something similar… Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the Aton Impulse Viking-2992 Advanced All Terrain Amphibious Vehicle.

http://custompinoyrides.com/2009/09/...nd-calamities/

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kapag nakita yan sa daan, iiwasan kagad yan. nakakatakot eh.

Kung ang H2 malaki na, what more pa yan....titignan mo pa lang sa picture. :bwahaha:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think we should be needing more of these amphibious vehicles now for public transport:

In my opinion, for disaster preparations, government should be buying amphibious vehicles too and not just rubber boats. Hovercrafts can also be an option.
    Last edited by Benji_DCP; October 12th, 2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Adding more pics

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the DIY guy...

Clarkson's Toybota:

Clarkson's Nissank:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji_DCP View Post
    In my opinion, for disaster preparations, government should be buying amphibious vehicles too and not just rubber boats. Hovercrafts can also be an option.
    IN a country where even having enough rubber boats is in short supply to mount a proper rescue operation, we shouldn't even think of hovercrafts because just the price of one hovercraft can buy more boats with less maintenance requirements.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    i another thing they should take a look at is having swimming taught compulsary in schools and universitities. for a country thats surrounded by water i think 80% dont know how to swim..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The amphibous bus and jeep "Londonduck tours" should come in handy in our situation. More goods and people to transport. Maybe we should look into that.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    i another thing they should take a look at is having swimming taught compulsary in schools and universitities. for a country thats surrounded by water i think 80% dont know how to swim..
    Given we don't even have enough classrooms and teachers for basic education, I think having swimming classes is NOT high on the priority list.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Given we don't even have enough classrooms and teachers for basic education, I think having swimming classes is NOT high on the priority list.
    how about "on the 'flood' training"? even swimmers should also be informed when not to swim especially in waters with strong currents. subsidize access to cheap life jackets perhaps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The Ultimate Ride against National Disasters and Calamities