New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First my fuel tank is dripping at the drain bolt. Turns out I need to replace the bolt (or was it just the gasket/washer?) everytime I drain the tank. My tank was drained last Monday at ser Ferdie's (afrasay's cuz) to get the tank guard 'straightened out.' I'm getting a new bolt (or whatever part is needed) tomorrow morning.

Second, I was on my way to Bulacan this morning when my clutch just went to the floorboard. May tagas pala ko sa ibaba (lower repair kit). The repair kit will cost Php 150.00 and the labor (home service) rounds out to about Php 200.00. Bukas din ng umaga gagawin.

Hay life nga naman. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe mabuti at mura lang ang parts na papalitan..maswerte ka pa rin :mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep,

baka kaya pa ng bagong copper washer yan fuel tank bolt...hindi naman nasisira ang thread ng gas tank ng basta-basta e....besides napaka mahal nyan...yung orig minsan magnetic tip pa para sa mga metal rust....yung replacement hindi.

You can also try wrapping the thread with teflon tape (P15 lang per roll from your suking hardware store)....wag mong tipirin...

Yung copper washer sinubukan ko rin palitan ng plastic (yun galing sa tabo na plastic ng langis)....umubra rin naman (wa poise lang nga).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wildthing,

Sabi sa Outdoorwire.com do not use teflon with fuels. Magkano ba ang OEM drain bolt? Yung replacement?

I will ask the parts guy kung meron sila nung washer. Bakal ito diba? Hindi goma or plastic?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its okay 'tep.... minor lang naman pala

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes teflon ay matutunaw (sa premium gas but sa diesel di ko alam) but the fact that thread lang naman ng bolt ang me teflon and this won't be exposed to the fuel naman kasi short thread lang, I dont see a posible problem with. The teflon tape is just there to "tighten" the threads.

The replacement bolt for my service nuon na B2200 mazda was being offered more than a P100.... shyet....ordinary bolt nga gamitin ko ala pang P10 yata bili ko...pero normally the real macoy wont easily loose thread kasi hardend steel yata ang make nito. Tapos some cars would have a magnetic tip din just like the oil pan bolt.

Yung washer na metal is available on almost all well-stocked autosupply (baka sina Glennster meron). If you have the sample better bring it or the bolt na mismo. Its made of copper so when you torque it napipitpit ng kaunti to make a firm fit and seal it.

Nung dati (a bit long time ago - '89 pa!) di ko alam na meron ang autosupply nito, I used a thick plastic (yung galing sa plastic container ng langis like caltex) instead. Shaped/cut it with gunting ng yero into a washer that fits the bolt - viola! leak proof na gas tank ko when I put it back.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi kaya maluwag lang yon bolt. ang washer yan ay copper or brass.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    OTEP,
    If the clutch slave cylinder leaked due to age, may be time to also replace the clutch master with a repair kit. Price should be similar to clutch slave kit. Use high quality dot3 fluid.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naku si otep may tagas,

san ba yang shop ni ferdies's afrasay cuz, mukhang masarap tumambay diyan ah

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    o nga, san ang shop na yan? kung medyo malapit baka dun nako magpapacheck and papagawa kung ok naman ang trabaho ang price nila...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Two leaks in a day!