New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003

I wonder if this overboost is ok. according to the guy that posted this: changes 2500cc to 2600cc. :confused: true or not?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganda yan ha? san pakabit nyan?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    noteworthy... Not true. Pero ang ganda nung turbo timer! Looks stock sa Mitsus

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's not true. Unless you overboost to destroy your engine. If I'm not mistaken that is an RHD vehicle?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    quick question lang, diba a turbo timer has nothing to do with the increasing the boost? i thought a timer just allows the turbo to keep spinning while the oil in it cools down?

a boost controller would be the one to control the amount of boost and then the turbo timer na lang will be used to adjust the cool down time kung tinaas na ang boost.

is my thinking correct?

andy

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, its the boost controller that manages the boost.

Upping the boost too much can kill your engine... especially if the cooling efficiency, fuel delivery system, and internals are stock. Most stock systems run around 6-8psi of boost AFAIK.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i think on the 4d56 tdic, stock boost is 8 psi.

i understand that it is safe to boost to around 12 to 14 psi, but most people just stick to 12 psi to be safe. is that correct?

i plan to do the washer mod to increase boost to 12 psi (monitored with a boost guage). then kung may pera na, lagyan ng finer filter and that will be it for the performance department. looks ang sunod, maybe new mags or something.

andy

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Only ang alam ko 10psi yung max boost ng washer mod. This was confirmed by Yellow way back when.

Teka, 10 nga ba? hehe

KCBoy, dibay may boost gauge ka? whats the max reading?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    my isuzu has 10psi max boost. planing to increase it to 12.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    notEworthy Where did you bought that turbo timer? and how much?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
turbo timers and overboost??