New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    to quote a poster from Nissanbayan

"If you put the pedal to the metal... the Kilometers per liter goes down, Smiles per liter goes up!" :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hit the boost, more smiles per mile.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boost mo from time to time. italian tune up kumbaga!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ang lakas pala ng CRDi no? in my case, when I drive turbo diesels like 4m40,4d56,2C-T,3C-T,2L-T,3L-T. nagagamit ko talaga yung turbo nila kahit fuel conscious driving style na ako...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    imo, to 'baby' your engine, give it a good brand of oil and follow maintenance schedules. sigurado gaganda pa ang response ng engine compared sa mga mineral-based oil.

also, after you boost or travelled with 2k RPM (regardless of speed), don't forget to 'cool-down' yung turbo (at least 30 secs or more) bago mo i-turn off yng engine. refer to your manual for more info

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JagXtrm View Post
    imo, to 'baby' your engine, give it a good brand of oil and follow maintenance schedules. sigurado gaganda pa ang response ng engine compared sa mga mineral-based oil.

also, after you boost or travelled with 2k RPM (regardless of speed), don't forget to 'cool-down' yung turbo (at least 30 secs or more) bago mo i-turn off yng engine. refer to your manual for more info
    Thanks for the tips ! I had fully synthetic oil placed during my 1K PMS and I make it a point to cool down the turbo at least 20 seconds before I turn off the engine...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    boost, most definitely...hard and often.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    boost, most definitely...hard and often.
    i most certainly agree...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    Thanks for the tips ! I had fully synthetic oil placed during my 1K PMS and I make it a point to cool down the turbo at least 20 seconds before I turn off the engine...
    That's more like it.

In one of my long drives, I didn't cool down the turbo once and it hit me back a bit hard. Actually got me worried for a while. That is why I am extra cautious about it now. Lesson learned.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    That's more like it.

In one of my long drives, I didn't cool down the turbo once and it hit me back a bit hard.
    What happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Actually got me worried for a while. That is why I am extra cautious about it now. Lesson learned.
    By the way I reviewed the manual and it strongly says to cool down the turbo.

Thanks for the reminder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Turbo Chargers: To boost or not to boost? That is the question...