New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Saan bang okay ipa-lift ang front ng Gen I Pajero (SWB, orig LHD...actully Dodge Raider sya). I just got it 2nd hand and the front looks like naka dive by about 2" compared to the back.

Looking for a place that knows what they are doing and may experience with these things.

Thanks in advance for any usefull info (kahit hindi usefull ok na rin).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Um, at home? Hehehe. It's a DIY thing. Check out the Mitsu tech section of www.outdoorwire.com .

But if you are a bit hesitant, almost any alignment shop can do it (since an alignment would be in order after a T-bar crank).

I usually go the Wheelers in Banawe. They are near Team R Specs.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Thanks for the info Otep, I did check out the 4X4wire site...dami info available. At least alam ko what to check for when they do the lift. I would have tried to do it myself but don't have the tools and I would still need to get it aligned after anyway.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont forget dont get beyond 2 inches ok,

kahit sa servitek na t-bar crank sila

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Sir Kimpoy,

Ano ba side effects pag over 2".

Last month kasi I asked our drive to go to servitek para i t-bar crank. Sabi ko mga 2" lang pagbalik niya sabi sakin sinagad daw ng mechanic.

If you look at it real good there is a very slight toe-in pero di masyado halata. Is this normal? Or papabalik ko sya sa servitek uli? Thanks...

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Poor C.V. Joint angle, stiffer ride, no suspension "drop" on the front, poor tire alignment

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why is there a huge disparity between the front and rear? Did the previous owner of the Raider do any modifications to the rear suspension? If not, is there a winch or bullbar or both installed upfront?

If the answer is no for both situations, then the settings of your front suspension are wrong. You might want to have the TB's cranked up to give you 1 to 1.5 inches more. If the torsion bars sag after weeks or months, then it may be time to change them.

I can give a better assessment if I saw the unit with my own eyes. If you have time I am at Armark 172 Mabini St. San Juan - 727-7201 to 04.

Kits

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kahit saan pwede. I had mine done at servitek sabay alignment afterwards. Cranking the bars will change your steering settings.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're going for a full 2" T-bar crank, hack your drop bumpstops away (magtira na lang ng kaunti) so the suspension will still have travel.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman
    Why is there a huge disparity between the front and rear? Did the previous owner of the Raider do any modifications to the rear suspension? If not, is there a winch or bullbar or both installed upfront?

If the answer is no for both situations, then the settings of your front suspension are wrong. You might want to have the TB's cranked up to give you 1 to 1.5 inches more. If the torsion bars sag after weeks or months, then it may be time to change them.

I can give a better assessment if I saw the unit with my own eyes. If you have time I am at Armark 172 Mabini St. San Juan - 727-7201 to 04.

Kits
    Thanks for the reply...

There's a bullbar in front...It doesn't look like there is any other obvious modifications. I'll try to find out from the previous owner.

Torsion bar lift...where?