New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi, everyone!

I'd like to share something that lets me drive more conveniently:

Seat Belt Strain Relievers. I've been using (for my pickup truck) an old pair I bought from SM Dept. Store several years ago (STRAIN RELIEVE ang tatak), and tonight I finally found and bought a pair for my Avanza that works similarly:

Front View:

Rear View:

I wish every vehicle I ride in has a pair of these, too.

I find the other type, where you press on a toothed portion so that it "bites" on the seatbelt as it is pulled back into its fully retracted position, to wear out and become inefficient too quickly. Return On Investment not realized. :sad:

Any other tips on the topic, fellow tsikoteers?
    Last edited by woohoo; May 28th, 2009 at 09:57 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ask ko lang ano po ang purpose or function nito?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Seatbelts are designed to restrain, so they press against your body when in use.

These Strain Relievers will add a few centimeters of slack (max. recommended is 3cm.) just enough to ease the strain but still small enough not to hinder the safety provided by the seatbelt in case of collisions.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Hi, everyone!

I'd like to share something that lets me drive more conveniently:

Seat Belt Strain Relievers. I've been using (for my pickup truck) an old pair I bought from SM Dept. Store several years ago (STRAIN RELIEVE ang tatak), and tonight I finally found and bought a pair for my Avanza that works similarly:

Front View:

Rear View:

I wish every vehicle I ride in has a pair of these, too.

I find the other type, where you press on a toothed portion so that it "bites" on the seatbelt as it is pulled back into its fully retracted position, to wear out and become inefficient too quickly. Return On Investment not realized. :sad:

Any other tips on the topic, fellow tsikoteers?
    woo anong brand and san mo nabili yan? matagal na ako naghahanap nyan eh. TIA

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    mukhang mas ok pa eto sa seatbelt pads...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Won't it cause abrasion on the belt when using and re-using it?

I feel the opposite. I like the tension of the belt over my upper body. Kapag di ko nararamdaman yung belt, parang mahuhulog ako tuwing pe-preno or liliko.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Won't it cause abrasion on the belt when using and re-using it?

I feel the opposite. I like the tension of the belt over my upper body. Kapag di ko nararamdaman yung belt, parang mahuhulog ako tuwing pe-preno or liliko.
    To each his own, so I respect your choice.

Re: abrasion -- NO, because this particular type is loose enough (when unlocked) to slide along the seat belt, and when using it, it just presses on the belt, matibay naman ang material ng seatbelts, hindi naman magagalusan nung RUBBER lock.

Here's the "bite type" I replaced:

Last edited by woohoo; May 29th, 2009 at 05:15 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    woo anong brand and san mo nabili yan? matagal na ako naghahanap nyan eh. TIA
    Autoban NABI Belt Stopper, Php140 from Concorde, SM Pampanga.

HTH.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

I feel the same, parang nalula ako pag di ko ramdam yung belt. Cguro naka sanayan lang.