New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine
    Guys:

In the interest of making sure that everybody is adequately equipped for this trail ride, I thought i'd mention a few things I'm sure you guys are familiar with and thought of bringing. I just want to make sure that I cover all bases.

FOR YOURSELF AND OR YOUR COMPANION:
    1.- enough water to drink throughout the day (It's easy to suffer from dehydration when you're having fun)

2.- light snacks to keep the hunger at bay while you're driving or riding. (keep it easy to handle so your hands can still negotiate the obstacles hehe)

3.- Lunch meals or Sandwiches (Freeman plans on doing this Potluck so you guys decide how you want to do this. The meals should be cooked already so that we dont spend too much time preparing food. There's so much to see)

4.-A cooler to put the stuff in so it doesnt spoil.

5. A towel and extra shirts and shorts just in case. (you'll need this when you start to get muddy or sweaty or decide to bathe in the river)

6. A first aid kit if you have one (one of us will likely have this anyway)

7. - Water jug with water to wash hands (soap too)

FOR THE VEHICLE IN CASE IT GETS STUCK:

1. - tow straps or rope ( someone will likely have these but it's always good to have these for your future rides)

2.- basic tools for your vehicle and maybe specific parts for your vehicle (i.e. fuses, plugs etc) Wont be too critical now because this is a short trip

3. -Spare tire filled with air (you'll be surprised some dont check)

4. Tire chains (if you have them) probably wont need them this time but good for future use

FOR EVERYONE ELSE'S ENJOYMENT AND YOURS:

1. A vehicle in Good running condition

2. Your wonderful personality and friendship

3. Your ingenuity on how to solve our problems and that of world peace! hehehe

4. A childlike disposition of wonder and curiosity.

Enuff said....Happy Trails!!

Just a cut-out from sir Wolverine. Maybe some people would like to join on this date and confirm before coming. :D

From the infos gathered, it is located in Sampaloc, Tanay.

crawdaddy & Freeman::: Need more infos here. :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As for the terrain, depending on the weather the day before the ride, it may be a dry trail with a few stream crossings. Baka kasi mag hesitate pag sinabing river crossing, eh mababa naman. I promise you will enjoy.

For the benefit and comments of Freeman and Wolf and others familiar with the area, I propose we go as follows:

Drive towards Tanay and enter Baranggay Batangas (before Sierra Madre Hotel) on left side. This will be a nice undulating trail that will lead to Bgy. Sto. Nino. This is also going to be a scenic and interesting section. That can be very challenging but negotiable if the weather is against us. It will likely be quite tame. From there, we shall proceed to Laiban which is a valley with many stream crossings . About 6 if I'm not mistaken. Water will be low there. This Trail will be taken to head towards Daraitan into the back portion of Jungle base - (Escape Route). Jungle Base section will then be traversed to go towards Mangahan which can be very interesting or relatively tame depending on whether some sections were gradered recently. When we get out of Manggahan, we can turn left to Padilay-dilay and take in the scenic view from above ( left fork) . Or, we can turn right and have a few beers at the restaurant beside Shell. That can be decided by the group at that time. Lunch will likely be at the river's edge in Laiban or Daraitan. We will be bringing our own lunch/sandwiches.
    Copied from the other thread to gain more info about the trails. :D

Hope sir Wolverine won't mind. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would suggest the Shell gas station in St. Ignatius subdivision along Katipunan. We should all be there by 5:30 - 5:45 a.m. and ready to depart by 6:00 a.m. so that there will be more time to play.

This will be the meeting place. (until further notice) :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Den
    FYI, its cold enough up there that you have to wear a sweater under a coold weather wind breaker Brrrrrrr.........

Better bring something to keep you warm if you decide to come. :D

Jackets would be nice, but girls are better. :mrgreen:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede ba ang Xwind gamitin doon? i'm interested in joining.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit walang nagrereply dito? I've been to Tanay twice already, sarap sobra! and bitin na bitin ako (plus the fact na wala akong 4x, mas lalo tuloy ako nabitin!

anyway, for those who haven't seen these pics yet, lahat ito sa Tanay Rizal...

also, don't worry (mas lalo na pag nakita niyo na ang Delta Recon pics) kasi I'm sure ang trails sa Jan. 26 ay stock-friendly. grabe ang trails ng Delta Recon (sa Tanay parin yun) pero may kasama silang stock Pajero... so sa mga Mitsu guys, SAMA NA!!!

here are the URLs:

Basic Offroad Driving Course of ai.ORG
    http://zyndergfx.designimp.ws/offroadbasics

Delta Recon Picture Gallery
    http://www.pbase.com/deltarecon

also, there will be more experienced offroaders there (Wolverine from Delta Recon, Freeman, and Wolf Den)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BlackMagic,
    hmmm... 4x4 ba ang Crosswind?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede ba ang stock Crosswind XUV?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMagic
    pwede ba ang Xwind gamitin doon? i'm interested in joining.
    Sorry BlackMagic. Hindi kakayanin ng 2WD ang trails. They even discourage RAV4s & CRVs to join. Baka di kayanin ng traction ng light SUVs.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Things to bring for the Jan 26 Ride (Jungle Base)