New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    impractical sya sa taong hindi naka-suv. hehehe

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    i used to own a car, my problem with it was cargo, passenger flexibility and the abuse it got from our roads. Tuwing puno ng sakay, sagad na sya as in lowered. Feeling ko masisira yun suspension nya. I was always worried when the rainy/flood season came. I always worry when I suddenly encounter a pothole. With an SUV or Pickup, I have less worries but my definition

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    my car is not an SUV (Adventure) but reminds me of one, SUVs for me is almost as practical as a minivan, more useful than a car...and you buy one, if its too dyahe for you to drive a Besta or L300 van. ;p

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    the suv shines when the rainy/flood season arrives. it will be your best friend. worried about fuel costs, diesel variants are available. porma? its incidental lang. downside, since mas malaki ang suv, mahirap i-park. when driving one, i really tend to be very picky on parking space, i always look for a spot na maluwag on both sides of the car, di baleng malayo ang lalakarin ko.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I'm gonna get one as a second car kasi nothing beats an SUV for floods. I can't stand the tagtag ride of pick-ups kasi.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Suv's advantage is that more space, can handle rough, steep terrain and sa mga flood. means makakatipid ka sa mga underchassis parts kc tatagal. but if something fails in the parts nako po magastos! like tires, body parts, mechanical lahat! malakas din sa gas so i prefer diesels in suv.

Sedan mas konti talaga gastos basta ingatan lang maigi wag hataw ng hataw para d malakas sa gas at iwas sa mga pot holes para d kagad mag wear ok?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    How about compact SUVs? They're spacious, leg room is nice, and just as efficient as compact sedans as well. It's perfectly in the middle for the perfectly split in a car-or-SUV dilemma.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have no SUV, but I like to have one soon,..but I prefer a diesel version, now with the technological inclination is widespread (i.e. CRDi etc etc) it is much best for me to own it. On are area, malalim baha, so the higher the better for me,. at least I have peace of mind to travel or to go anywhere when hard rain fall off. Well just my opinion and preference!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    It's usually more expensive to own and use an SUV. If your savings/cashflow is enough for an SUV (you have more than enough cash/cashflow still for current and future living expenses), then why not, enjoy the pleasures of an SUV naman for a change. If your cash/cashflow is limited, and your tsikot needs can be met naman by a sedan (expecting minimal baha challenges and out of town off-roading), then sedan na lang pa rin muna. Good luck in your decision.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    For me it's more of a 2nd car. I'd still have a sedan for my daily driver.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
are SUVs still a practical option these days?