New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boybi,
    Kung sa category ng collision, panalo talaga ang mga SUV's. Hindi naman kasi dapat pinangkakarera ito coz prone talaga to rollover ang mga ito.

Nung nabangga ang trooper namin sabi ng dad ko mabuti nalang at trooper ang dala ko. Kung car yun or a small pick-up, baka nasaktan kami. Hehe upon impact dun sa trooper, alam ko na malakas kasi narinig ko ung impact sa body eh. But hindi ko masyado na feel. Parang nalubak lang. Hehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BMW X5 three stars lang? :confused: Ouch... don't tell this to my wife. Ang selling pitch ko sa kanya ay SAFETY of this truck. Oh well, BMW call this SAV. Not really meant for hardcore offroading. I still love my X5, though

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sino ba ayaw ng X5 hehehe... uhhmmm d ko lam pero it doesnt matter that much namn eh just drive safely. kasi kahit anung safety whatever pa yan dyan pag balasubas ka tlaga magdrive tlagang d safe. pero may advantage nga ang SUV kasi most vehicles on the road naman are cars lang eh... so mas safe ka in a way

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, may group dito sa US lobbying the congress to discontinue productions of SUV's like Navigators and Expeditions due to the same reason na people on the other smaller vehicles fatalities. Not to mention na nagpapa-alila ang US sa middle east oil.
    Ford Excursion was discontinue only after 1 year of production. Poor sales.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by badsekktor
    ganun ba? eh ano naman ang use ng mga suv's? kung may mga auv's na better sa floods at di maganda ratings sa safety, ano na silbi ng mga suv's? design lang ba ang mga to?
    For me they are used as work trucks and off-road toys. These vehicles are not fashion accessories so you better treat them as they are.

Macky,

GEN III ok naman ang crash rating. Pero GEN II (yung sakin) mababa talaga lalo na sa IIHS at NCAP.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there was a talk that should the US stop selling SUVs, they wouldn't have to import oil anymore...

anyway, we had a Rav4 for the following things:

- soft off road capability for use when the going gets rough
    - ability to transport a lot of goodies
    - extra ground clearance
    - pogi points! :D

but we also have to know the limits of SUVs, even in the user's manual they pointed out that there is a high risk of rolling over. so they shouldn't be driven around corners like a sedan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i respectfuli disagree po... suvs are safer po... compared to cars... thats the reason y pipol buy them po... as long as ndi ka hahataw ng mala circuit... i think maliit lang ang chansa mong mag roll.... nakita ko na kasi nangyari sa tamaraw fx and a pajero na nagbangaan eh.. yung fx durog... while yung pajero very minimal damage... the fx was hit from behind by the pajero... for sure dederetso na yun sa talyer... ndi lang nakupi but pati yung korte umiba eh... i think safer lang ang fx compared sa corollas dahil sa height nito but if it were only as low as corollas... baka mas matibay pa po mga corolla... kaya.. i dont think pipol buy SUVs for japorms lang po... if u love life... gusto mo syempre safe ka and ur family.. yun lang po... peace po hehe btw i think SUVs are tougher than vans, auvs, compact and midsize cars and somepickups po...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SUV's have lower ratings when it comes to laboratory crash testing. Sa lab kasi, the tests are done so as to mimic a Pajero crashing into another Pajero. So weight and height are out of the equation na. What is being tested is how well the vehicle's structure will hold up.

Sadly, it doesn't hold up very well. And the crash test dummies tend to hit a lot of hard spots in the vehicle cabin which could lead to head injuries and other stuff.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think whether your ride is a car or an SUV or an AUV or bus, it will still depend on the event of the accident. Anyway, the key here is everybody does drive safely, then it will be safer for everybody. At kung mataas ang EQ (emotional quotient) ng mga drivers, malamang walang magmumurahan at magbubusinahan sa daan.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Sa US ginawa at based doon yung tests di ba? This only proves that driver's there are not as good as compared here in our country hehehehehe........ Kung dito ginawa yung tests malaki ang posibilidad na mataas ang rating ng SUV's, whether it's a rollover resistance test or safety tests. Magaling kasi ang pinoy magdala ng sasakyan. Kahit ano kayang i-drive hehehehehe......... opinion lang po............:-)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
SUVs do poorly in rollover resistance ratings