New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The NHTSA's Rollover Resistance Rating is not rated on actual rollover tests. It is a calculated estimate of the risk of rolling over in a single vehicle crash. The Rollover Resistance Rating essentially measures vehicle characteristics of centre of gravity and track width to determine how "top-heavy" a vehicle is. The more "top-heavy" the vehicle, the more likely it is to roll over. The lowest rated vehicles (1-star) are at least four times more likely to roll over than the highest rated vehicles (5-stars).
    ibig bang sabihin nito mas delikado ang mga SUVs sa accidents than sedans? primary purpose kasi namin why we buy SUVs is safety.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My point exactly, pissword.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boybi, yan naman yung reason ng parents ko kaya sila bumili ng Pajero. Matigas daw yung body, kaya pag nagka-accident, mas safe daw.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SUVs will generally sustain less damage if it crashes into a lighter passenger car (crash a 4,600 lb. Pajero with a "marginal" frontal-offset crash rating into a 2,700 lb. Civic with an "excellent" crash rating, and the Pajero will absolutely demolish the civic)

pero kung sa isa pang SUV of similar weight babangga yung SUV at speed... no safety advantage really.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    bumili ako ng SUV kase un ang gusto ko eh...pag kotse naman masisira sa off-road un..hahaha..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pajero at Patrol sobrang lagpak ng mga ratings niyan sa crash test. They are trucks. They do not have the impact absorbing properties of monocoque vehicles.

Pero if you crash into something lighter (like a car). You will most probably win. Just don't hit something heavier than your truck (i.e. a bus) or something immovable (i.e. poste ng Meralco).

And please don't think that SUV's are submarines. Some AUV's will actually perform better than SUV's in terms of water tolerance.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    And please don't think that SUV's are submarines. Some AUV's will actually perform better than SUV's in terms of water tolerance.
    ano kayang AUV yun? XUVi siguro, parang lifted sa taas.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Soft roaders vs. truck based AUV's na walang mga ECU ek ek na mababasa.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Pajero at Patrol sobrang lagpak ng mga ratings niyan sa crash test. They are trucks. They do not have the impact absorbing properties of monocoque vehicles.
    Actually, OK naman ang crash test results ng Pajero. Not perfect pero acceptable. Yung rollover nya ang suspect at naging cause pa ng demandahan when a test result was publicly announced about the Montero being "unsafe".

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ganun ba? eh ano naman ang use ng mga suv's? kung may mga auv's na better sa floods at di maganda ratings sa safety, ano na silbi ng mga suv's? design lang ba ang mga to?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
SUVs do poorly in rollover resistance ratings