New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    To all tsikoteers who can help,
    How can I get rid of the plastic smell of my new ride, nahihilo ang wife ko sa amoy. Tulong naman guys!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    have you tried using charcoal/uling? we usually use it to get rid of foul odor in the ref, ewan ko lang kung effective for the plastic smell

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    #1 ) Try putting unused/fresh charcoal or baking soda in a can or container and place them in strategic areas around the vehicle. If you plan to have them around when driving, make sure you put them in a container that wont allow them to spill and make a mess inside.

#2) When your vehicle is parked in your home garage (secured preferrably), open all doors, windows, and hatch (if applicable) and aim a fan (stand or desk type, the bigger the better) towards the car interior for an hour or so.

#3) With the same conditions elaborated in #2, you can try leaving the vehicle under the sun.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks badkuk and number001 for the reply, try ko bukas ang advise nyo.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    #1 ) Try putting unused/fresh charcoal or baking soda in a can or container and place them in strategic areas around the vehicle. If you plan to have them around when driving, make sure you put them in a container that wont allow them to spill and make a mess inside.
    sir 001,ano po ba ang difference kung gamit (used) na ang ilagay na Charcoal?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747
    sir 001,ano po ba ang difference kung gamit (used) na ang ilagay na Charcoal?
    I dont have any evidence to back it up with but siguro kung medyo luma na ang uling hindi na epektibo ito sa pagabsorb ng odor. Napansin ko, habang tumatagal ang uling sa loob ng tsikot, hindi na natatangal ang amoy.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano car yan? paki-post brand/model.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    ano car yan? paki-post brand/model.
    Hyundai Starex GRX Crdi M/T 2006

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    baking soda is a good idea...you can also try fresh coffee ground in a non-spill container under the seat. it absorbs the plasticy smell and emits its own. only a good idea if you like coffee smell.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    maybe its just me...but i love the new car smell!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
How to get rid of the plastic smell of a new ride