New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    I dont have any evidence to back it up with but siguro kung medyo luma na ang uling hindi na epektibo ito sa pagabsorb ng odor. Napansin ko, habang tumatagal ang uling sa loob ng tsikot, hindi na natatangal ang amoy.
    thanks sir001,malamang nga kasi ganon din ang ginawa ko ,kaya cguro hindi gaano naalis ang amoy .kasi Used Charcoal din ang ginamit ko pero inalis ko muna ang mga abo or mga dumi

FXT: baking soda narinig ko na din iyan pero never ko pa na try
    .subukan ko next time

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Me too, I love the smell of a new car. One of my friends even wished that there's a "new car smell air freshener" para daw amoy bago palagi kotse niya he he!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4
    Me too, I love the smell of a new car. One of my friends even wished that there's a "new car smell air freshener" para daw amoy bago palagi kotse niya he he!!
    Actually may New Car smell Freshener, but I think it's not even close.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Maybe it's not the plastic you can smell, it's the smell of super glue that bonds the plastics in your new car. In time that smell will go away. Yep ako din gusto ko ang amoy ng new car.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    me too I love the new car smell. before, meron ambi pur na pabango na ka-match na ka-match ng new car smell nakalimutan ko na kung ano. anybody?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you enjoy the new car smell, tip lang. those are palstic and glue that you are sniffing...cancerous, theoretically.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Ako rin, I love that new car smell! Kaso yun nga, there was an article in the net somewhere about studies showing that scent to be hazardous to one's health. Tsk-tsk, I know of this rich guy who changes cars every 1-2 years, ang dami na niyang exposure sa new car scent.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i think that you should try to find the source of the smell... its obvious kahit sino gusto ng amoy ng bagong kotse pero iyun amoy plastic iba na usapan iyun... aside na dumidikit sa mga damit ang amoy eh, carcinogenic iyun, hirap na kung nagdadalang tao si misis... suggest ko lang baka iyun amoy ay nangagaling sa plastic matting? iyun steeringwheel cover plastic ba? iyun mga burloloy na gawa sa plastic? kailangan tangalin...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    maybe its just me...but i love the new car smell!
    me too. but this 'new car smell' is toxic. it's the benzene a chemical found in adhesive used in upholsetery. apart from the dizziness, it can cause eye irritation.

yes, you could get rid of that, leave your car parked in the sun with open doors, whenever possible (say, a car lot / park).

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    if you enjoy the new car smell, tip lang. those are palstic and glue that you are sniffing...cancerous, theoretically.
    ganun ba, para ka na din pala tumitira ng rugby nyan na ginagawa ng streekids . kaya pala para nakaka-high pag may bago tsikot, di makatulog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How to get rid of the plastic smell of a new ride