New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Hey guys,

andito uli ako, and another problem on our spacegear...

anyway whenever we encounter some humps or yun cemented roads... naririnig ko from the inside cabin yun mga squeaks ng springs. i also hear them whenever I rock the van from the outside...

ano to, kelangan na ba ireplace?

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka bushings, suspension arms, shocks, etc lang yan. doubt ko kung spring kasi relatively new naman ang space gear eh.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah, and after springs have "taken a set" (which is after a few weeks), unless you really overload your car, they really should last a looooooong time....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    ah ok... thanks!

actually second hand namin nakuha ni misis yun van. its a 98 local version...

medyo nakakanerbyos lang kase i'm hearing squeaks hehehe. baka kako bigla na lang lumubog yun gulong or front end hehe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Try to check the shock mounts, bushings and or door/hood hinges. There are so many factors to consider and not only the springs. Usually, the springs are the last to squeak in my opinion because of the weight it bears unless it has full contact with a metal strip or something.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    yup..car springs will rarely be the cause for the noise..

The only time i heard of noise from springs is from altered (cut, compress) springs or abuse hehe

check the other suspension parts =)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sir,

try mo munang sprayan ng tubig para matanggal ang dirt. minsan yun lang ang cause ng squeeks.

Squeaky Springs = Replacement?