New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hinde ba tataob un pag sobra taas tapos mga biglang turns?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    mwahahahah!!!! hehe!!! sige susunod na ako! ooopppsss...hehe wala nang spot the difference :D anong lift? body or suspension lift?

odell, i think it'll depend on the design of the lift.from what i heard shocks also play an important role in 'rolls' and pitches. kung pansin mo pag stock biglang brake biglang arangkada up down up down ang feeling? shocks yun... ata hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Left my Vitara at Filmars along Katipunan Ave. right in front of RATS from Friday noon and got it early yesterday evening. Roger Marfil, the owner, is familiar with Suzukis since Delta Recon rigs usually have their zuks done there. I had long wished for a body lift so that I could fit in bigger tires. The 2-inch body lift from rocky-road.com costs $120 + $50 shipping. However, wahoo and doc of AI / 4x4ph referred me to Roger saying I could have a body lift there for a steal. And true enough, it really was a steal! He made use of steel brackets which were inserted between the body and the original rubber spacers. Gas tank was also lifted up and a little modification to the transmission shifter done. Rubber body panels were also installed to fill in the gaps between the chassis and the lifted body so as to minimize soiling of the engine bay. The bracket for the front left brake line was also moved up a bit. Here are some pics:

Rubber body panels for front and rear tire wells:

Front lift:

Mid-section brackets:

Rear brackets:

Relocation of front left brake line bracket

So all in all, my zuk stands a 4.5 inch total lift with a breakdown as follows:
    1. 2.5 inch suspension lift courtesy of OME coils and shocks and the 1 1/8 inch rocky-road.com polyurethane spacer
    2. 2-inch Filmar body lift

And by the way, I had to readjust my headlight aim. I used the link for headlight aiming which ungas posted before. It works! Perfect aim na ako ngayon. Click

here

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    wow! how much did it cost you?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    odell: This has been an issue in the US when some models were found by consumer reports to be more prone to rollovers. Examples were the Isuzu Trooper and Suzuki Samurai. All SUVs have a high center of gravity as compared to sedansm, thus making their lateral stability a little more to sway. With this in mind, I guess we should be more conscious with the way we drive our rigs. Some people drive their trucks kasi like a car...doing fast turns, overconfidence in braking thinking they could stop as short as a car. Relating it sa lift ko, the 2-inch body lift in my opinion is minimal and would affect the center of gravity only slightly. Since it was the body that was only lifted, much of the weight still resides in the chassis and its components attached to it whose height didn't change.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    P5,500. Next project would be front and rear bash/skid plates (underchassis armor) which Roger also does. He mentioned around P4,000 for front, transmission/transfercase, and rear fuel tank plates.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    there's this product i've seen in the market. its supposed to reduce rolls. have you heard of it? i don't know if it'll be any good at off roading

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Zuki and Beast!

Pantay nala pala rear bumper namin. Hehehehe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama din Hula ko Lifted hehehe... Pwede kaya sa Gen 1 yan.???

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aba ang bilis mag post! Naunahan pa ako, hehehe.

Salamat nga pala sa pagpa-audition ng sound setup. Now I'm really setting the sounds straight for the Beast. :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Spot the Difference!