New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Sorry about the non-diesel question...

I need to get my 3dr Gen I pajero tuned up prior to emisions test and registration for the first time since I got it.

Any input on spark plugs for this engine (2.6l gas)?

right now it has the factory recomended NGK's but I was wondering if there is any significant improvement in performance in using Bosch platinum +4 or Splitfire plugs for this engine.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You won't notice any improvement with after-market performance plugs unless you push your Pajero to highspeeds and high rpms. They perform the same in normal street driving but has a longer life compared to conventional OEM plugs.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    NGK's perform well and are cost effective as long as you replace them during the proper intervals. I don't hear any negative comments against NGK's pero sa mga Bosch sabi nila mainit daw masyado.

Sorry hindi ako bihasa sa mga ganitong bagay bagay.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    spark plug upgrades will only be useful if you upgrade your whole ignition system. so if everything else remains stock, you will not benefit from the spark plug upgrade.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the stock plugs will do... just gap them properly to specs. Most mechanics are too lazy to do such and just install them without gapping the plugs.

Spark Plugs?