New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I checked out the Dobinsons Site. I found the section for the L200 aftermarket parts. What are the benefits of the different shackle designs?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Different shackle designs vary on leaf spring rates and mounts. If you are not the hardcore offroader type (which does rock crawling & mud slashing) don't bother wasting your time thinking of changing it. It will not improve your city driving routine.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    IC. hehe I thought there was some benefits to it.Thanks! :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A reverse shackle design will run softer around town. But don't bother getting overpriced imported ones (unless you're really, really rich hehehehe). Reverse shackles can be locally fabricated naman.

Iba ba ang reverse shackle sa boomerang shackle?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Iba po, alam ko kasi ang reverse shackle ay babaliktarin ang mounts ng shackles end to pin end. True, they may offer better handling but be wary that reversing it will also reverse your steering response if done with front leafs.

Teka, baka naman yung binabanggit nyo eh flipped shackles for SOA setup?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi SOA yun Jon. Medyo wala kasi akong alam sa leaf spring set ups kaya mahirap ipaliwanag. hehehehe.

Basta ganun ang mga ginagawang shackles nila Cong Obet para sa mga LC 40 at 70, eh.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    reverse shackle with give you more positive steering response, better ride, and most of all for sa competition it acts as a guard for the under body kung baga mas smoother ang approach if it will hit the ruts. but then again it also has drawbacks.

boomerang shackles are different, it looks loke a letter L it makes the ride smoother.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Reverse shackles provide some advantage on the trail because the front leafs move backward to soften the impact of exposed obstacles or objects. However, they have some drawbacks on the road. When you apply your brakes hard, they allow your vehicle to squat and dip its nose. This is not a very reassuring feeling at higher speeds.

The boomerang shackle is just a different design but does nothing to improve the ride quality over a straight shackle of the same length. The improvement of the ride is due to the length of the shackle, not the shape. As you put longer shackles (within reason of course) the spring is allowed to flex more both in its extension and compression.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    What effect would reverse shackles have on rear leafs?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    reverse shackles are done usually on the front of leaf sprung vehicles where the shackle is located in front of the vehicle like the LC40, old patrol, CJ's, Jeeps, sammy's. i have yet have to see or read about it being done on the rears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
shackle designs