New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I were you, I'll let them fix your truck then sell it after that. Buy a Jap vehicle and try to forget all your nightmares with Ford.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    If I were you, I'll let them fix your truck then sell it after that. Buy a Jap vehicle and try to forget all your nightmares with Ford.

thanks for the advice man, and yup, haven't completely ruled out that option

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    enot: Sana nun pa kita nakilala para naman may napagreklamuhan ako! Hahahaha! At that time wala maniwala sa akin kasi ako lang ang ata naka experience nang ganong problem. Ngayon it appears na may deperensya talaga sya. Alam mo at one time sabi pa sa driver ko ng sales rep nung pianpunta ko sya dun yung alarm daw na pina install ko ang posibleng naka cause ng problem kasi puro electronics na daw yon. Ngek, tinawagan ko nga at pinagmumura ko, mukhang di nya alam yung product na binebenta nya.....Di naman EFI ang WL engine nila ah, kaya di makaka epekto yon. Tapos nung nalaman nila na sa AER ginagawa pina pa pull out unit kasi baka di daw sigurado gawa, eh sa AER din sila nagpapagawa eh, may utang pa nga sila dun hanggang ngayun sabi sa akin ng management dahil sa isang ford ranger din. Puro talaga sila BullS#It! hay nako dami pa problems nyan!! I ended up spending almost 80k on a new pick up.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    mga sir, i can't assure you na magiging maganda yung outcome kapag naiforward ko sa kanila yung problem nyo.
    ang gusto ko lang ay medyo matulungan kayo and to alarm them.
    i'm sure na they don't want to ruin their name. sana lang na they don't let us down.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I think there will be a happy ending to this...at least for me :-)

Ford Makati, has agreed to give me a good deal on a new 4x4 ranger (made in Thailand hehehe). They agreed on a fair value for my old defective unit, and very attractive payment scheme for the amount I need to shell out for the new unit.

All things considered, and considering the alternatives (long and nerve-wracking law suit, or selling it too cheap to a third party) , I'm pleased with the outcome of this incident.

I liked the ranger...and I like the new hilux too. But the numbers are in favor of a new ranger in my case.

Anyway, thanks guys for sharing your thoughts on this....really appreciated it.

More power to tsikot!!!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by S-works
    I think there will be a happy ending to this...at least for me :-)

or maybe not....seems Ford is backing out and leaving out to dry again. maaan, i can't wait to get back to Toyota.

TOYOTA is the BEST!

...and Ford, well, Ford Philippines sucks. :butt2:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or maybe not....seems Ford is backing out and leaving out to dry again. maaan, i can't wait to get back to Toyota.

TOYOTA is the BEST!

...and Ford, well, Ford Philippines sucks. :butt2:
    How about your agreement to fix the problem for free?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    How about your agreement to fix the problem for free?

i'll believe it when i finally pull the unit out. and that's nothing given that i didn't give them fake or faulty money for this unit. kung tutuusin, they should give me a new vehicle free. but this is the Philippines and i can only dream of that ever happening.

the most recent disappointments so far is their having backed out of the agreed trade-in value...a value w/c i assumed their customer svc. manager had the authority to ok. mukhang di pala sa kanya manggagaling kaya binitin na naman ako. tapos yung pyesa, dapat nung 8, ngayon sabi naman sa 18. this sucks.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    on the bright side, the worse they make me feel about them, the closer i am to a new toyota!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on the bright side, the worse they make me feel about them, the closer i am to a new toyota!
    Hilux na ba or Fortuner?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Servicing cylinder heads & leaking gaskets