New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    TFR also has the same problem with his ford ranger! i think he replaced the cylinder head with a surplus one.
    Nope!!!! I cant find a surplus head. Had to buy a new one. Mazda b2500 WL engine, direct from japan. The ford head is made in thailand. Big difference in quality. Have to shell out 50,000 pesoses for that. And ford alabang did not give any concern for it. Mine also cracked at 35,000km. According to AER they have already handled several rangers having the same problem :down: .

You are lucky S-works that ford makati did not charge you anything.
    Headache talaga tong sasakyang to. Ang dami ko problems, I could go on an on about the problems, susp, fuel economy, rattles, brakes, etc. Wala naman kaming na encounter na ganyan sa ibang pick ups namin. Haayyy.. Lemon lang talaga nakuha namin at inferior ang build quality ng ranger. Kaya kungbibili kayo pick up. Hi-lux na lang. kahit mas mahal its worth it. O kaya D-max, or strada, basta wag na ranger. Ayaw ko na tuloy ng ibang ford vehicles kahit d ko pa na try yung iba. Service sucks!!!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    BTW AER serviced my Ranger. Their sta rosa shop are also the ones who do the machining for ford alabang. Kaya pag sinabi sa inyo na shop nila gagawa. wag kayo maniwala, wala silang shop, AER din yon.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    TFR,

Naku, mukhang hindi pala ako nag-iisa dito! Bro, why don't you try and fight it out w/ your dealer? Maybe I'm talking too soon but my hopes are up that they will allow me to return the unit, put a FAIR cash value on it, and use that to partially pay for a Ford vehicle of my choice. Balak ko nga Escape eh...la na ako talagang tiwala sa diesel engine ng Ranger.

I was actually hoping to get the ranger fixed, then sell it sa open market....tapos get a different make. but like i said, if more problems come out later dahil sa 3x na siya nag overheat, i don't want to have to face the heat...even if Ford puts a warranty on the fix.

so medyo stuck ako with ford on this one. am just hoping my next ford lives up to my expectations. so far wala pa naman akong nabasang downside sa Escape 4x4...except the gas consumption hehehe.

bottom line, ayoko na yung unit ko, dahil tancha ko lemon talaga siya. i have a friend, naka 120 kms na siya sa ranger XLT 4x4 niya, and not a single problem. but that unit was made in Thailand...eh yung akin, made in the Philippines. just hope that isnt the reason dahil made in the Phils din ang Escape di ba? basta, my fingers are crossed

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so kung ganyan ang ranger then so too is the everest?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Hmmm!! Escape? Not that I'm sour graping, but the person who I bought the cylinder head from carries ford and mazda parts told me that escape have clutch problems daw. I have not verified this since I dont own an escape. Maybe you can ask some escape owners about this.

I have tried asking ford about my problems loooong time ago. No response. labo no? Di bale.. Im 1 less customer. I hope that their unhappy customer accumulate!!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sorry thought it was a surplus head, ouch 50k! heard stories about the reliability problems nga of rangers. that why its called a FORD.

F - Fix
    O - Or
    R - Repair
    D - Daily

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i think ford everest is made in thailand, same as ranger.

escape, tribute, lynx and mazda car na lang yata ang assembled in pinas ngayon and soon yung focus.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    TFR,
    yup that was the 2.0 liter auto trans...so underpowered kaya madali masira yung tranny niya. kaya daw lumabas ang 2.3L. i know of a group of guys who experienced the same problem at almost the same time and complained to Ford. Ford took the units back and gave them good deals on the Everest...but don't know how many took up the offer.

Enot,
    yup, currently ranger & everest are made in thailand, but my unit was part of the batch that was made here...then in '03 (if my information is correct), binalik yung ranger sa thailand.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    tama sir yung info mo.
    naghati kasi ng market ang ford phil and thailand.
    thailand yung gumagawa ng pickups tapos philippines yung lynx market.
    sana matulungan ka pa rin ng ford makati.
    i tried to forward your query sa fmcp para malaman din ng plant yung problem mo so that the latter will try to coordinate with the dealer. sana nga ganun ang mangyari.

i'm with ford before nga pala.
    nagforward lang ako ng attachments ng page ng thread mo sa kanila to inform them.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by enot
    tama sir yung info mo.
    naghati kasi ng market ang ford phil and thailand.
    thailand yung gumagawa ng pickups tapos philippines yung lynx market.
    sana matulungan ka pa rin ng ford makati.
    i tried to forward your query sa fmcp para malaman din ng plant yung problem mo so that the latter will try to coordinate with the dealer. sana nga ganun ang mangyari.

i'm with ford before nga pala.
    nagforward lang ako ng attachments ng page ng thread mo sa kanila to inform them.

enot,
    thanks a lot! any help i can get on this will help...at sana maganda ang katapusan nito. some people have problems with them pero for me, ford makati's customer svc naman has been very supportive...kahit noon pa. they certainly make up for any problems i've encountered sa tech svc nila.

but i still can't forget that 16 days na since i left the unit at ford mkti (sigh)....i mean, nothing was wrong with my money right? wala namang depekto ang pera ko di ba? at bayad na siya right? they owe me that's for sure
    Last edited by S-works; April 29th, 2005 at 12:29 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Servicing cylinder heads & leaking gaskets