New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    otep, 'yun nga actually ang plano--delica van, but after reading some of the threads medyo nagbago isip ko. mukhang mas ok ang pajero.

do you happen to know the comparison of the two vehicles' respective maintenance?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    diesel naman both eh...

so cgro theres not much diference.. i think?. hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most common problems ng delica (or any converted vech I would say) are:

1) Improper conversion to LHD sa steering. Check the set-up (ilalim before you buy it)...tell tale signs would be fresh weld (may rust) sa areas na dapat walang welding, hindi balance ang turning radius ng left and right turns, hard to steer kahit power steering.

sol'n: replace the assembly (preferably lahat ng hindi fit). My friend paid P3,500 labor and P6,000 at least sa parts (donor was hyundai grace) from a surplus yard. Hindi pa brandnew yan and its almost P10K na.

2) Dashboard (as mentioned ni otep get an LHD from the surplus yard)

3) Shifters are mali ang orientation kun automatic. I suggest to stay away from automatic na gearbox vechicles because they are very expensive to maintain.

4) Front chairs...they just doesn't fit sa Delica well enough....iba pa rin kung designed for LHD.

5) Aircon...mostly locally adapted so pacham (pachambahan) kung maganda ang yari. Madalas pangit ang airduct (dahil ng ang dashboard ay na cut-n-paste lang. Pati ang orientation sa ilalim ng aircon condenser minsan mali ang ayos dahil conversion ng steering setup.

6) Side mirrors, specially the left side is really a hassle.

7) Wipers, minsan pangit ang pagkakabutas ng inilipat sa kaliwa. O kaya napuersa ng wiper arms nung nire-orient to LHD config.

8) Carpet is usually madumi or pangit (palitan lang ang tanging solution). Its about P5K-7K sa magaling gumawa.

9) Check under the dash board....minsan maraming butas na hindi tinakpan ng husay when the steering was converted....pumapasok ang tubig minsan.

All in all my friend spent an additional P30K-50K (turbo was damaged na - oil drip- and he added a turbo timer P2K or P4K yata secondhand).

my 2 cents.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    30K-50K plus 10 pesos for biogesic
    (for the headache) he..he

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thanks wildthing, now i know what to expect. gheez. i might opt for a gen1 pajero.

kimpoy, tama ka sa biogesic! just the thought gives me a headache.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    richlazarus::

Good Day and Welcome!

I think mayroon nilabas ang Mitsubishi na van with the exact same body as the delica. If i were in your shoes, id go for this instead.

Mahirap kasi sa converted, even when it seems that you have everything handled, mayroon at mayroon pa rin lalabas na problem diyan. If you dont mind the"project car" analogy, then go for it.

one of my cousins has a 4x4 delica. He got it for 200k+.

The things i like are the JDM bits which you cant get anywhere. Stuff like the Skylite Roof and moonroof. the retracting kortinas (kewl) etc.

Kaya lang, everytime i see the AT lever and the sawed dash..... nasususya ako....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thanks for welcoming me pajerokid!

indeed, it's pretty annoying to see the AT lever and the sawed dash. pero wala pa ako nakitang hitsura ng MT. have you seen one?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rich,
    save your 10 pesos and wait for a 5 door local mitsubishi pajero
    ask bogart if his Gen 1 is still on the market.

suwerte si nightrock murang mura lang binigay ni happiman yung gen 1 niya.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kimpoy,

how much did nightrock pay for a gen1? PM me kung di puwede i-broadcast. thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ko na ma recall
    alam ko nasa 230-250 range
    tama ka nightrock?
    considering bagong overhaul ang engine
    at may turbo pa!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
in search of safety