New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hi dudes! i find your forums very informative!

i hope you could help me on this one: i'm planning to buy a converted pajero/delica. how much would it cost me to fix everything (as in total fix! wiring sytems, brakes, steering, etc) ? i've read some of your threads regarding the said vehicles and they are pretty scary--but would you be so kind to give me the details (prices of labor, job, parts, etc.) in order to eliminate the threat of encountering accidents? especially sa delica vans? wala naman kasing production nito sa atin, right? is there any hope to make these vehicles safer? :confused:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Delica is basically a cross between an L300 (Exceed) and a Pajero (GEN I).

For LHD parts donors (esp. for interior and trim parts), you can turn to the following:
    *L300 (esp. the Exceed model)
    *Pajero GEN I (the boxtype)
    *Hyundai Grace (cousin of L300)

The Hyundai Grace uses a more rounded and modern looking dashboard and you might want to use it instead of the blocky dashboard Mitsubishi makes. It is a direct fit.

You can also get the front a/c and steering systems (including the steering column with the brake master mounted on it) off these vans to put in your Delica. There is really not much to do with regards to wiring. As long as every system is working properly (dash lamps, gauges, switches, etc.).

Sorry I don't have prices. But the rock bottom prices in Apalit, Pampanga may help lower your costs down.

After all the conversion stuff is through then we can sort out the details.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thanks otep! are you suggesting that i replace the steering system immediately after buying to make the delica van safer?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Richard,

It would be a good idea if you did. Sana pati yung steering column palitan niyo na din po para yung wiper stalk ang nasa kanan and yung lamp/flasher stalk ang nasa kaliwa (baligtad kasi sa Japan).

If that proves to be out of budget in the meantime, kahit yung mga RHD-specific underchassis components na lang po muna like the steering gearbox and other steering components.

Madami namang L300/Pajero/Grace parts sa market to help you in your project.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    maybe its safer pag sa casa mismo patignan?...

just a thought. hehe

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thank you again otep! i'll PM you soon. if you were asked to choose between 94 delica and 91 pajero, what would you choose?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mahirap sa CASA. Most of them are OJT pa lang.

Pansin mo kapag pumunta ka sa CASA, they will always insist that you replace a part. Kasi most of the time they don't have the know-how and the experience (and the time) to open up a part (i.e. alternator, starter, compressor, etc.), to find out what's wrong.

Gumagaling lang ang mga CASA mechanics kapag bumukod na sila at nagtayo ng sarili nilang shop, based on my experience.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    odell, do they accept delica vans sa mga casa?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir,

If for family use, the Delica would be more appropriate. If you intend to it for personal use with some off-road adventures in between, the Pajero is hard to beat.

Sometimes I still miss my Besta.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    oh?..

ganun pala un...

richlazarus,
    better listen to otep.. he knows a lot more than i do.hehehe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
in search of safety