New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hello guys,
    with todays technology, is it still necessary to rustproof brandnew vehicles?
    Last edited by joshua; December 9th, 2004 at 10:22 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Regardless of the technology available in manufacturing modern cars, siguro dapat hayaan munang tumakbo yung warranty sa original rustproofing ng kotse, before additional rustproofing can be done.

After all, it's one of the things you paid for when you bought your new car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aftermarket rustproofing can also potientially predispose your vehicle to premature rusting.

Because in order to apply it. They will have to drill pilot holes in lots of places.

Besides, vehicles are rustproofed from the factory already.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    imo, ok ang undercoating ng chassis. but rustproofing yung body is another story, as otep said, wag na yung bubutas ng pilot holes, ive seen a lot of cars that rust prematurely dahil sa holes na yan.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    imo, ok ang undercoating ng chassis. but rustproofing yung body is another story, as otep said, wag na yung bubutas ng pilot holes, ive seen a lot of cars that rust prematurely dahil sa holes na yan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    iba ang undercoating at rustproofing, I think we have a long thread about this already a couple of months back.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hindi ba mavoid aand warranty if pina rustproof ang car habang under warranty pa from dealer??

BR,
    epic

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    does this rustproofing void the original warranty of the vehicle from the dealer??

BR,
    epic

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i don't think na ma-void warranty ng car due to rust proofing..

on our case, we have our bnew revo rustproofed at ziebart after 6 months of getting it from the dealer.. ziebart drills a lot of holes on the car body hehe

here's my reason..
    1) more 10 years bago namin ibenta yung car
    2) i only pay around 8500php for a one time application of rustproofing/undercoating,
    3) then on 2nd year and lifetime daw, i only need to shell out 380php for the chassis underwash and they will re-apply again the undercoating
    4) i think of it as insurance to rust
    5) kung mag rust ang body, the ziebart warranty will repair it without price limit daw, basta yung rust po eh nanggaling sa loob ng body

i don't know how effective is the ziebart rustproofing .. i can't say if it is good or not..

ang gusto ko talaga is undercoating dahil sa road condition natin dito at pag meron baha... but this undercoating will cost me around 2000php every year of application.. sa DINOL mahal din..

so i just do the math... 8500/2000 = 4.25
    bale after 5 years eh nabawi ko na yung 8500 na ginastos ko...

yung mga rustproofing sa gasoline stations, usually wala silang warranty, spray and forget na lang sila..

sa ziebart, i only need to pay 380php for the succeeding years para sa undercoating plus meron pang warranty...

basta ang alam ko... a brand new car should not rust at least for 5 years .. a well maintained car should also not rust till 10th year lalo na kung walang bangga..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Sa mga binutasan ba, walang nadamage na sensor sa pintuan or nagkaroon ng premature rusting? pls advise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
rustproofing brandnew cars