New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    We got 16 inches of snow here in NYC. So after working 16 hours medyo excited na akong makauwi para ma test ko yong STI ko, as expected it did work out good sa snow especially pag nasa manual yong DCCD ( 50/50 ; 60/40 yong traction), yong abs magaling talaga, tumitigas yong brake pag pipilitin mo , so walang lock na nangyayari.Sa highway ako yata ang pinakamatulin but still I did not make it to my garage, close to my home , lumulutang na ang subaru ko dahil sa kapal ng snow, 'ala ng traction so I got it parked in a hospital parking lot. I wish i got my truck instead......

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezawrxsti
    We got 16 inches of snow here in NYC. So after working 16 hours medyo excited na akong makauwi para ma test ko yong STI ko, as expected it did work out good sa snow especially pag nasa manual yong DCCD ( 50/50 ; 60/40 yong traction), yong abs magaling talaga, tumitigas yong brake pag pipilitin mo , so walang lock na nangyayari.Sa highway ako yata ang pinakamatulin but still I did not make it to my garage, close to my home , lumulutang na ang subaru ko dahil sa kapal ng snow, 'ala ng traction so I got it parked in a hospital parking lot. I wish i got my truck instead......
    [SIZE=4]Sayang kasi nalinisan ko na ang kotse when I took the picture. I should taken some pictures before ko nilinisan. Anyway, we got almost 2 feet of snow dito sa Boston. Nag-CAB na nga lang ako kaninang umaga pumasok kasi impossible matapos ko malinis ang sasakyan before work. Although the storm was strong, it wasn't that bad compared to the one we had January of last year. There was a stronger one last year(Subaru Sport Impreza pa sasakyan ko noon), na ang buong sasakyan talaga na-cover ng snow.

Ang height ng snow was halfway sa door ng Equinox. Makikita pa nga yung white line sa driver's door..Covered until sa height ng gulong plus a few inches more. Halos dalawang oras nag-shovel to clean up or else hindi makakalabas sa parking area in a week kung hintayin pang mag-melt ang snow...he he he
    [/SIZE]

Tingnan nyu na lang ang height ng snow...

[SIZE=4]BACK TO TOPIC: Tested ko na ang all-wheel drive system for almost a decade when I first got my Subaru Impreza Sport. I was driving in a middle of a snowstorm in Vermont 3 years ago to meet my friends in Killington Ski Resort pero there was no problem at all sa maneuver sa snow. That's why when pinalitan ko ang Impreza, it makes sense na All-Wheel Drive EQUINOX na rin ang ipinalit.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; January 25th, 2005 at 10:22 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdoc95
    [SIZE=4]Sayang kasi nalinisan ko na ang kotse when I took the picture. I should taken some pictures before ko nilinisan. Anyway, we got almost 2 feet of snow dito sa Boston. Nag-CAB na nga lang ako kaninang umaga pumasok kasi impossible matapos ko malinis ang sasakyan before work. Although the storm was strong, it wasn't that bad compared to the one we had January of last year. There was a stronger one last year(Subaru Sport Impreza pa sasakyan ko noon), na ang buong sasakyan talaga na-cover ng snow.

Ang height ng snow was halfway sa door ng Equinox. Makikita pa nga yung white line sa driver's door..Covered until sa height ng gulong plus a few inches more. Halos dalawang oras nag-shovel to clean up or else hindi makakalabas sa parking area in a week kung hintayin pang mag-melt ang snow...he he he
    [/SIZE]

Tingnan nyu na lang ang height ng snow...

[SIZE=4]BACK TO TOPIC: Tested ko na ang all-wheel drive system for almost a decade when I first got my Subaru Impreza Sport. I was driving in a middle of a snowstorm in Vermont 3 years ago to meet my friends in Killington Ski Resort pero there was no problem at all sa maneuver sa snow. That's why when pinalitan ko ang Impreza, it makes sense na All-Wheel Drive EQUINOX na rin ang ipinalit.[/SIZE]
    Pare, how's the performance of equinox? My sister was dying to get that car but I was able to convince her to get a forester instead......
    NICE PICS!!!!!

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezawrxsti
    Pare, how's the performance of equinox? My sister was dying to get that car but I was able to convince her to get a forester instead......
    NICE PICS!!!!!
    Hey Imprezawrxsti!!

I can't beleive how good Equinox is. I was reading about it two years ago pa when it was initially announced by GM CHEVROLET that they are going to replace their forgettable TRACKER. I was at first skeptical kasi nga GM CHEVROLET, but with the way GM has been going this past few years, they have phenomenally improved performance of their set of cars. Have you seen their latest cars and those soon to be released? They are magnificent. They have been stigmatized as being sirain for the past decade but I think they have learned their lesson.

I actually have seen the Forester na bagong release but I needed something bigger. Unfortunately, their announcement of SUBARU TRIBECA,which is supposed to compete with the other midsize SUV's, came a little bit late. I should have known that they were releasing it this year kasi I was always asking if they are releasing a bigger SUV than Forester, but these SUBARU salesmen say that it might be released in the next 3-4 years, which by the way was wrong information. But I didn't regret though since TRIBECA is said to be in the price range of BMW X3 and MB M-Class. So that rules that out. Still can't afford that $40-45G price range. Medyo luxurious na yata for my standard. Maybe kung magmid-life crisis na ako, then I'll get one.

I loved my Impreza. I was not gonna let it go but there was news earlier last year that it is going to be a very bad winter. Knowing that my car is already 7 years old and due for a change, I figured I'll just get a new one since I've been waiting for Equinox anyway. The Equinox with its 3.4L V6 engine doesn't fail me even in the most snowy condition. Kakayanin maski hindi mo na i-clear ang daan mo. That was the problem I had with my Impreza Sport kasi kailangan i-plow ko pa yung daanan kasi 2.2 lang ang engine noon. But with the V6 engine, kakayanin talaga. Although skeptics were saying why put an old engine on an entirely new car? Well, I would say that their V6 engines have been tested over and over and been performing very well. It is not an entirely old engine since it has been refined over and over again everytime it comes out to a new vehicle and updates it with the current technology. That's why its gas consumption and performance has improved dramatically. Gas consumption is the usual to most V6 Engines - 22-24 city, at least 30-31 on freeway. GM has lower figures but I got mine perform better that theirs. I think they only got average numbers and can actually can be improved.

Honestly, I hated SUV's all my life, but the necessity of getting one was apparent. So, I just kept an open mind when I got one. Now, I love driving it. Although there was a dangerous thing I did and that really was a learning experience. This happened two weeks after I bought the equinox driving to Washington, DC. I was getting off the freeway and to a very sharp exit. Incidentally, I was reading Roll-over articles sa Auto Magazines kasi nga I got an SUV. I really thought that I was gonna roll my way down to the ravine and become a part of their roll-over statistics ng Department of Transportation Federal Highway Safety Administration. It was a really close call. I was used to driving my Impreza that handles well even on tight turns and really holds-on to the ground. That was a lesson well-learned from my own near-accident experience. That's why I always tell friends and collegues, DON'T EVER DRIVE YOUR SUV LIKE A CAR. Treat it like a totally different vehicle or you will hurt yourself.

The performance of Equinox is simply unbeleivable. I couldn't beleive it myself. Acceleration is very good and when you step on that gas, it will really pull you right out of that spot in milliseconds(he he he..medyo exaggerated yata but you got what I wanted to say). The stance is very good so as the driver's visibility. While the rest of the stuff: sound system, seats with its adjustments(especially the rear seats), cabin room, washer speed adjustments, light adjustment, temperature control and On-Star service/XM Radio - I would say they are all very good. Overall, the interior is just a very cozy place and the cabin is very quiet, even on the freeway. My Subaru Impreza kasi was 1997 SPORT, had a very noisy cabin. I was one of those thousand owners who wrote and complained to SUBARU MAIN OFFICE about road noise when they asked about evaluation. This was later corrected by the newer IMPREZA models.

But the Equinox is so much better. Not to mention the exterior design. I know it can't please everybody, but so as RAV4 when it first came out because it was odd at first. The best feature of the EQUINOX is the CABIN SPACE. It has a really huge space inside. I have compared the dimensions of the other compact SUV's, its way too large than a RAV 4 or a FORD ESCAPE(which were by the way my 2 of the 6 other choices on my list when I planned to change my Impreza).

Then finally the price. I got my Equinox at $29,650 fully loaded. That's conservatively $5G cheaper than the Subaru Legacy and almost $12G cheaper than BMW X3 with comparable interior/amenities, dimensions and engine power. Although I was approved by my bank for a $40,000 loan for a car, the price of the Equinox was just about what I wanted. I never wanted to invest on cars more than $30G since its a losing investment. So, that was all good for me.

Don't get me wrong. I love Subaru myself. If I didn't, I wouldn't have kept my IMPREZA for 7 years. But Forester was just a little too small for me, didn't have the height I wanted and didn't have the engine power I was hoping to upgrade. That's why it didn't end-up as my replacement. I wanted kasi at first na parang a bit bigger than RAV4, but smaller than the FORERUNNER kasi mahirap na rin sa parking especially downtown Boston. In the end, I found what I was really looking for and so much better at a good price. I heard they are increasing their prices starting April though because of demand(They sold 100,000 units in the US and Canada in less than 8 months last year and the shortest length of time in the waiting list is 6 weeks). They already sold approximately 16,000 units before they even started their commercial on TV on MAY 2004.

After seeing excellent reviews from Forbes magazine, Motor Trend Magazine, MSN.com, supported by 5-star frontal/side impact crash and 4 star-roll over tests by the US Department of Transportation Highway Traffic Safety Administration PLUS being considered as the "MOST WANTED SUV BELOW $25,000" by the leading Automotive website, EDMUNDS.COM, and been given recognition by JD POWER Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout(APEAL) STUDY as the "MOST APPEALING NEW ENTRY SUV", 6 months after I got my EQUINOX, feels like a pat on my back and said to myself: "Good decision, Excellent Choice"...He he he...Feels Good to realize I made the right choice....

OT: SUBARU is partly owned by GM by the way. Saab cars, which is fully owned by GM, has been using Subaru's platform already...

CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO READ FURTHER:
    EDMUNDS.COM - MOST WANTED SUV
    JD POWER APEAL Recognition
    ROLLOVER AND CRASH TEST
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; January 30th, 2005 at 08:59 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    MD, po.

Hindi rin nga umiilaw sa akin, meron lang kasi akong nabasang yung iba e nag bliblink kaya natanong ko.

Sarap nga mag laro at itest yung ABS at AWD features e.
    Red: where are you in MD? what city? I grew up in Gaithersburg and Germantown Area.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Balto. pero no plans in settling here, after contract is done, will buy the first plane ticket to the West Coast.

Balto, not a good place to raise your kid. (trust me, our clientel base here in downtown will really make you puke) as they say AIDS capital of the USA.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    RT AWD is really fun on snow. It was my first time to test my new V on powder and I just cant get enough of it. You can really feel the rush when your in front of a stoplight and there are a whole bunch of cars beside you just waiting for the greenlight. Laki talaga ng advantage pag4WD, iwan silang lahat. You can also do some mild drifting when making a turn without the handbreaks which is so much fun. I see other guys here with 4x4s doing the same thing as well. Ang sarap talaga magpadulas sa snow, para kang nasa gt offroad rally sa ps2. Yung nga lang kahit may ABS ka,kapag compact na compact na ang ice sa daan nakakatakot na rin kasi hindi mo macontrol ang distance ng pagslide mo.
    Heres my V on powder.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by voltes_V
    RT AWD is really fun on snow. It was my first time to test my new V on powder and I just cant get enough of it. You can really feel the rush when your in front of a stoplight and there are a whole bunch of cars beside you just waiting for the greenlight. Laki talaga ng advantage pag4WD, iwan silang lahat. You can also do some mild drifting when making a turn without the handbreaks which is so much fun. I see other guys here with 4x4s doing the same thing as well. Ang sarap talaga magpadulas sa snow, para kang nasa gt offroad rally sa ps2. Yung nga lang kahit may ABS ka,kapag compact na compact na ang ice sa daan nakakatakot na rin kasi hindi mo macontrol ang distance ng pagslide mo.
    Heres my V on powder.
    Dagdag lang po.... even though Hondas have generally the worst braking distance on regular roads, a recent test shows that Hondas have one of the best braking distance on snowy roads (I think the test was done with the MDX).

voltes,
    2005 ba yung CR-V mo? Musta TCS nyan?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boss Erap,
    2002-2004 po yata yan, yung 2005 red and white tail lights na.

Yun pong CRV nyo dati hanggang ano pong top speed ang na test nyo? May mods ba kayong ginawa? (aesthetics, engine, lights)

Yung published MPG niya na 22-26 na achieve nyo ba, ako kahit anong gaan ang gawin kong tapak ayaw e city 18, hiway 22.

Voltes V,

Sarap nga mag laro e, kasabay ko sa stoplight kanina Altima, pa incline, alam ko haharurot din siya sabay kami, ramdam na ramdam mo talaga pag nagkick in yung rear wheels medyo nag drift muna pakanan pero pag nag kick in na yung rears sarap, iwan siya, naasar yung one lane ginawang two lane he he he.

Parang meron ding torque steer, di lang ako sure kung madulas ba yung daan o meron talaga?

Pansin ko rin pag nag 5000 RPM nagiiba yung tunog, VTEC roar .

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may torque steer daw talaga yung Gen2 V lalo na yung sa 2.4L USDM version mas malakas yung torque. One reason i think i read before is the front mcpherson strut di nya mahandle yung torque if you punch on the gas pedal.
    Last edited by Supierreman; January 31st, 2005 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Typo error

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
RT AWD ABS really works !!!