New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    My cousin bought a D-Max 2 months ago and he says he's very happy about the performance expect for the bouncy ride. I tried drivin it myself to and from Baguio and I must say it has pretty good power and torque. If only I could maintain 2 vehicles, this would be my 2nd ride. Anyway, he asked me to inquire from this site (tinatamad syang magregister) whether the leaf springs of the D-Max can also be reversed and if the casa would ever notice since the vehicle is still under warranty. I know I read a thread before dealing with this topic but just coudn't find it. Hope you can help. TY.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yes it can be done, we have done a lot of leaf spring modifications on the d-max besides reversing it we do add another part, and change to OME shocks with great results, the ride comparable to the strada the best riding japanese pick-up in the Phils. most of the d-max pick-ups here had their leaf spring modified some done by the casa others done by us. maybe you will just void the rear suspension warranty, but its better than having back pains from the rough ride.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Sir ARB, how much will it cost daw if you reverse the springs and add the said part without changing the shocks? Where can he find your shop? TY.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    How do you reverse the leaf spring? Hindi ba delikado yun, baka maputol? Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nabali? naputol na tsugi ano man sira anytime anywhere imightybond mo!!!...
    hehehe....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LowRev::: Hindi naman basta-basta mapuputol ang leaf springs, andun pa rin naman yung overload leaf, binaliktad nga lang. Though, you must not use it at max load to avoid snap.

pepengtom::: Please make sensible posts! Lahat ng posts mo na nababasa ko puro kalokohan lang at kadalasan wala sa lugar! You've been warned before in another thread. I hope this will be my last warning to you.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    subjective ata itong tanong ko?

pero ilang leaf ba ang dabest na ibaligtad o maximum na dapat ibaligtad kasi diba anim na patong iyong.

safety concern lang po

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ewan ko ha..

Pero I won;t recommend reversing the leaf spring dahil for one baka di kayanain ang weight niyan maputol pa yan

ARB,

Musta ang D-MAX

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Isa lang po ang overload spring kada set. Ito po ay yung nasa kailaliman.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Boknoy, my ninong using it na everyday. so far walang complaints. will have to find time pa to tinker with the rear spring pack, busy kase sked ya. ganda rin ng silver color.

Reversing leaf springs