New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    hi guys, i'm new here especially to the diesel world. i usually have my sedan car done at the casa but i got a new nissan frontier bravado recently and i'm not sure if i need to bring it to the casa for maintenance. Do i void the warranty if i bring it somewhere else? any good and reliable diesel shop? thanks! by the way, where can i get a turbo kit for the frontier td27?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baboyako View Post
    hi guys, i'm new here especially to the diesel world. i usually have my sedan car done at the casa but i got a new nissan frontier bravado recently and i'm not sure if i need to bring it to the casa for maintenance. Do i void the warranty if i bring it somewhere else? any good and reliable diesel shop? thanks! by the way, where can i get a turbo kit for the frontier td27?
    The casa might void your warranty if you have it serviced by others.

in the far distant future when your pickup needs an injector recalibration, have it serviced at central diesel along Quezon avenue.

The myth that diesels are "more expensive" than petrols in terms of maintenance stems from the fact that the old-school, non-crdi engines (like the TD27 on your truck) really needs to have an oil change every 5000 kilometers. Madumi kasi diesel satin, kaya kahit pag linagyan mo ng fully synthetic yan, wala. itim rin after one week - hindi mo masusulit yung 10,000 km oil change.

otherwise, there should be no other problems. You don't have sparkplugs to replace. You don't have to worry about tune ups (injector calibration lasts for thousands of kilometers). Batteries aren't really central to driving, since walang sparkplugs.

things to look out for are
    1)hardstarting (glowplugs, or glowplug relay)
    2)loss of power (usually from compression or injector problems)
    3)excessive smoke (usually due to injector problems)
    4)if your engine has a turbo, the need to cool down the engine after driving para hindi mag cake yung oil sa loob ng turbo

Last of all, Welcome to tsikot!
    Last edited by scharnhorst; February 6th, 2010 at 01:04 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    hey, thanks scharnhorst for the response. what's a good engine oil to use? i suppose that would be some mineral-based product? when should I change the oil, at 1000 km point or earlier?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    +1 for Central Diesel. They are good guys and really know their way around a disel pump.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baboyako View Post
    hey, thanks scharnhorst for the response. what's a good engine oil to use? i suppose that would be some mineral-based product? when should I change the oil, at 1000 km point or earlier?
    I personally use Castrol CRB or Shell Helix.

just follow the PMS schedule, and it should be fine...
    Last edited by scharnhorst; February 12th, 2010 at 08:49 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Bring it to Denso Diesel Calibration. They are good as well. They have a number of branches here in Manila.