New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    317
    #1
    sa gensan and davao, i saw some crosswinds, hilanders and a ranger having red/yellow bars running accross their rear axles. parang stabilizer bars kasi di siya straight my mga bends din. can someone shed a light on this? nakakatulong ba ito sa ride? san kaya 'to nabibili and mga how much? parang wala pa ko nakita dito sa manila ng ganito.

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    22,658
    #2
    It helps reduce body roll during cornering. Pero this can be at the expense of ride quality.

    Carryboy sells such kits but mostly for pick up trucks.

    http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,866
    #3
    diba meron nang ganyan ang pajero as stock equipment? dunno about the gen3 though, but the other models alam ko meron na sila.

    same with a gen2/2.5 protege, lynx. haven't seen them on civics, corollas, lancers, sentras tho.

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    22,658
    #4
    Yup, Pajeros and almost all vehicles nowadays have it as standard.

    Also known as:
    *anti-roll bar
    *stabilizer bar

    http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,513
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    It helps reduce body roll during cornering. Pero this can be at the expense of ride quality.

    ano ba magiging diference ng w/ or w/o anti roll bar sa ride quality doc otep?

    thanks

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    22,658
    #6
    Mas magiging stiff with the antiroll bar on.

    Diba ang mga performance suspensions usually they put in a fatter anti-roll bar than the standard one.

    http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    317
    #7
    a ok thanks otep. next time sana makunan ko ng pic.

  8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,513
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Mas magiging stiff with the antiroll bar on.

    Diba ang mga performance suspensions usually they put in a fatter anti-roll bar than the standard one.

    thanks dok

  9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,059
    #9
    ride would not suffer with anti-roll bars. unless the road imperfections are on one side only. but if normal roads lang it will not change. High performance cars put fatter or bigger diameter anti roll bars to eliminate sway, tire floating, or simply so that all four tires remain on the road. But of course forr off road use sometimes this hinders wheel travel.

    nissan patrol, safari, terrano, toyota LC80, LC100, LC90, trooper are some suv's with anti-roll sa front and rear. aside frm the one mentioned.

  10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    50
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    ride would not suffer with anti-roll bars. unless the road imperfections are on one side only. but if normal roads lang it will not change. High performance cars put fatter or bigger diameter anti roll bars to eliminate sway, tire floating, or simply so that all four tires remain on the road. But of course forr off road use sometimes this hinders wheel travel.

    nissan patrol, safari, terrano, toyota LC80, LC100, LC90, trooper are some suv's with anti-roll sa front and rear. aside frm the one mentioned.
    Meron ba nito para sa Fortuner? Para naman mabawasan ang body roll. Post nyo naman kung meron na available. Thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
rear stabilizers?