New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    umulan kasi ng malakas kahapon and when I turned on my windshiled wipers nabigla ako sa ingay niya. para bang tumatalon or nag-skip siya. when I got home, napansin ko lang na kapag basa ang salamin at wiper siya maingay ng ganun, pero kapag tuyo naman okey naman takbo niya. what do you think is the problem? 4 months palang itong gls sport ko and I don't expect na I would be needing to replace the wipers so soon (hope I dont have to).

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    are you using any detergent or soap sa washer mo? some peeps kse use detergent sa washer w/c causes the glass to loose its natural oil so medyo squeeky na yun blades mo when it passes. It couls also be na matigas na yun blades mo coz of the exposure sa sun. Yun car ko kse nun una ok naman ang wiper but when i used yun wsher ko it started skipping also then i found out naglagay yun driver ko ng "joy"sa washer container ko... try replacing yun blades mo may refill nman w/c costs around 100P per pc, then if ayaw pa din try rubing the wisndshield, for sure ok n yan...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You Adventure uses silicon type rubbers. Try switching to a cheaper alternative brand that doesn't have silicon rubbers. They will not skip, but you will have to change them once the weather gets hot again. Ordinary wiper blades tend to loose softness when left under the sun for prolonged periods.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FYI

yung orig na refill na "tridon" brand smells like chocolate.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kim...kung anu no talaga inaamoy mo ha.....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha glen nag car accessories kasi ako dati kaya alam ko ang orig sa japeyk!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    do you use wax on your paint? if yes do you use the same cloth to wipe your windshield? wax has oils that sometimes makes the wiper skip. use separete cloth wipes sa body and glass.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hmmm... yung tubig kasi sa amin ground water ... wala pa NAWASA sa amin, eh. usually nagiiwan ng residue... hindi kaya iyon ang culprit?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope, you shouldn't use ground water in your water reservoir tank. Minerals accumulate overtime and clog the washer motor.

And you should not use ground water in your radiator too.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I use it to clean the car for lack of any other available water source in our place, but definitely not in any of my tanks. When it starts to dry it leaves a whitish residue. I wipe it off but baka meron pang naiiwan sa windshield ko or sa wiper that might be contributing to the skipping.

I go to carwarsh every other week... and I do a daily (or at least every other day) wash with just water. I'm thinking I might quit my daily wash and probably get a gallon or two of NAWASA water from my parents house and use that if I would need to wash the car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
question on wipers...