New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kailangan ba i-bleed sa lahat ng gulong para bago lahat?

Kasi may nakita ako sa isang service shop, na pinalitan lang yong nasa container. Wag lang daw apakan yong brake.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag palit ko ng fluid binubuksan ko lahat ng preno... bale overhaul.

kalas ko lahat pati yung master :mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RedHorse,
    Mali iyon. Parang dinrain mo lang yung coolant sa radiator without draining the coolant in the engine block. So maghahalo ang dirty sa clean brake fluid.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Open all bleeding screws from 4 corners, pump the brakes until no fluids come out. Dismantle master cylinder check all gaskets and clean with plain tap water. Check for any signs of cracks and swelling. Dry all parts and BE SURE THAT IT IS REALLY DRY before putting it back in the master. Close all bleeding screws. Fill in with new brake fluid, release one screw at a time and bleed until the new fluid squirts out. Repeat procedure on all remaining screws. Test drive vehicle and check if further adjustments are needed on the brake drums.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Also, be careful not to spill any brake fluid on your paint job... malakas kumain yan...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...oh man tell me about it! I just had my clutch master overhauled and medyo gifted yung gumawa and some good ole DOT3 dropped on my fender. Buti na lang nakuha pa sa rubbing

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    if you only replace the fluid bleed one by one. but if complete overhaul better change all rubber cups and o rings.

when i overhaul the brakes i usually dont wet the the used rubber cups, and orings if they were to be returned because i read in one manual that it will expand once it will have contact with water, ok lang if it is new.

use only water and soap to clean the metal parts. dont forget to put rubber grease at the o rings for the pistons in the caliper and rubber cups before reassembly. and use sand paper to remove brake dust on your pads.

so as not to damage your paint, look for a small hose that will fit in your bleeder screw and a container on the other side. dispose of used fluid properly. if you only replace the fluid bleed one by one. but if complete overhaul better change all rubber cups and o rings.

when i overhaul the brakes i usually dont wet the the used rubber cups, and orings if they were to be returned because i read in one manual that it will expand once it will have contact with water, ok lang if it is new.

use only water and soap to clean the metal parts. dont forget to put rubber grease at the o rings for the pistons in the caliper and rubber cups before reassembly. and use sand paper to remove brake dust on your pads.

so as not to damage your paint, look for a small hose that will fit in your bleeder screw and a container on the other side. dispose of used fluid properly. if you only replace the fluid bleed one by one. but if complete overhaul better change all rubber cups and o rings.

so as not to damage your paint, look for a small hose that will fit in your bleeder screw and a container on the other side. dispose of used fluid properly.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    dont forget to put rubber grease at the o rings for the pistons in the caliper and rubber cups before reassembly.

OT: sir ARB whats the brand of this rubber grease? and where can i buy it? aside from the one that comes with the repair kit. Does the rubber grease also prevents the caliper pistons from getting stuck-up by rust? Which it is prone to, especially after frequent wading through floods. Or, its just an assembly lubricant?

Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by otomatic
    whats the brand of this rubber grease? and where can i buy it? aside from the one that comes with the repair kit. Does the rubber grease also prevents the caliper pistons from getting stuck-up by rust? Which it is prone to, especially after frequent wading through floods. Or, its just an assembly lubricant?
    Yun red grease na available from any service shop (like caltex, shell) na ginagamit sa mga rubber boots/fittings ng mga suspensions or ball bearings. Castrol is a brand I usually see, also available from complete autosupply stores. (Paki correct na lang kung mali ang pagkakaalam ko)

My 2 cents.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    rubber grease is the one that comes with the kit. the ones we use for bearings cannot be they will damage the rubber. some you can find sa hobby shops the grease which tamiya use for the plastic gears.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Proper way to replace Brake Fluid