New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the one that looks like a letter c at the end of the prop shaft where the cross joint is attached. they have to be the aligned with the front c which attaches to the transmission.

the C part is equals to ] and [ sa illustration. so it has to look like this if na ka kabit.

]==========[ whereas === is the prop shaft with the spline in the middle.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hope this link would help. look at the illustraion at the bottom.
    http://www.driveshaftshop.com/angle.ivnu

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just like when splitting the steering rod dapat aligned yun C ng both crossjoint when installing it sa gearbox. effecto ng puyat ito.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Got it! Thanks! :wink:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    pajerokid,
    Some shafts have alignment marks between trans yoke and sliding joint when changing cross joints.

Had the same vibration problem on a LC100, caused by misalignment of prop shaft assembly upon installation. Check alignment by amount of "exposed shaft" on sliding joint. If too much is exposed then it may be misaligned.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks sir Jackaroo :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WHEW! Finally solved the 80kmh vibration problem. I replaced the rear propeller shaft's sleeve yoke! That was it! :D Now you have to intently listen for the vibration hum for you to hear it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good feedback! :D

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Glad to hear it!
    What do you think caused the problem- damaged when they replaced the crossjoints, lack of grease or just wear and tear?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got my Paj second hand. I guess the former owner used it to pull a trailer. Bagsak kasi springs nito dati. I got the idea while reading Chilton's Mitsu Montero & Pickup repair manual. Actually i dont have a clue kung bakit nag-wear ng ganun. Upon inspection, the old yoke was looks ok, but i suspect malaki na ang kain sa spline :D

Total cost: P2681 for the yoke and 200 for labor :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
PROPELLER SHAFT VIBRATION