New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I need a new set of bushings for the rear leaf springs for my Frontier. I'm thinking of placing polyurethane bushings in lieu of the stock rubber ones and i might change the fronts as well while i'm at it if so. Can anyone suggest a shop that i can go to for them? Also what would be the price range for polyurethane bushings (set? per piece)?

I checked at RATs 4x4 and i was quoted 4K plus for the rear leaf spring
    and front sway bar bushing set (this included the installation labor).

Salamas.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj:::I had my bushings made-to -order. Sabi noon gumawa forever na daw yun. They have this big block of space plastic daw yun. Tapos tinorno to fit the leaf springs including the idler arm. The ride became stiffer. I used it for about 3 yrs. Then lumuwag din yun sa idler arm. Then yun sa leaf springs. Balik ako sa oem parts. Much softer ang ride ko ngayon. The cost of the poly bushing= P4,000+, yun oem for the leaf P500 lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try engineering plastic and have the machine shop customize it to fit your truck.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    big block of space plastic
    Tindi nito, ha. :mrgreen:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, expect the ride to be stiffer with polyurethane bushings but on how stiff can also be vary. My stock rubber bushings in the rear already gave way for some reason (my pick-up only has 26K on the odo and i hardly carry any heavy loads).

If i were to break down the prices of quote i got from RATS, the rear leaf spring bushings will cost around P900-1K... The front sway bar bushings cost another 1K or so (i lost my price breakdown list). The labor fors install costs 1.3K (might just have someone else do the install then).

I'll try checking Ride in Banawe and Jojo 4wd in Pasay (is it still there? Parang I heard nasunog yung Ding Velayo Complex a few months back) per Woodfire's suggestion.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj,

I was at banawe with Djerms last week. Leaf spring bushings for a Fuego costs Php 15.00.

Magkano kaya ang labor to have it installed at afrasay's cousin?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mura lang yan. no kinding, they use this "plastic" in their lifter yun may X sa both side to lift a car. Mga 3 yrs din nagtagal.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I might end up getting the OEM bushings instead... naubusan na ako ng polyurethane for my pick-up model. Madami pang Hilux, Pajero, and Patrol ata...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ey vinj! Have you tried inquiring engineering plastics on some machine shops? They could fabricate some for your needs. :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... i'll try inquiring nga if i have the strength (in short, kung hindi ako tamarin).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Polyurethane bushings