The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kakainggit kasi kyo eh!
    hehehe

for around 600thou..
    im thinking about getting a safari..
    kaso nagdadalawang isip ako because of its consumption...
    d ba malakas sa krudo yun?

with the starex..
    i get 7-8 km/l sa city..
    around 10-11 km/l sa hi-way..

d ba mahirap at magastos maintenance ng safari?

kung d ako kukuha ng safari..
    (although i really want one)
    im also planning to get a corona..
    as my daily drive..
    then get another 4x4 (kahit pickup..)
    pang weekend..
    (but if my budget permits..
    i would want to get a safari and a corona..
    hehehehe)

what do you guys think?

your inputs would be very much appreciated..
    ayaw ko pa sana sabihin ito..
    surprise sana that i'll be getting a 4x4..
    kaso i need your opinions eh.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With a 600K budget you can get a 93-96 Safari... Problema lang is finding one in good condition. Sayang, Glenn and I looked at a nice '95 model a few months ago. 90K mileage, being sold by the owner for 600K and he was willing to negotiate.

Maganda din actually yung idea to get a 4x4 pick-up like a Strada, Frontier, or Hilux tapos a Corona or even a 1600 car. The 4x4 as a project car/weekend warrior tapos daily driver yung sedan.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pick-up na lang..u

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As sir vinj posted, with that kind of range and year model, you'll be lucky if you could find a rich owner who has many vehicles that would sell his 98 Safari at the same price.

As far as fuel consumption, I did some checking on this a month back. While driving thru Manila streets it could gulp 6-7km/l passive driving mode. A measly 5km/l when driven on other occassions such as rushing deadlines and etc. Mas maganda nga 6 cyl engine, you don't have to floor the gas pedal everytime kaya hindi sya ganun katakaw sa consumo. Pa-pitik pitik lang ng silinyador pag nakabwelo ka na.

Maintenance parts are ofcourse a bit pricey compared to smaller vehicles, but one thing I noticed that some replacement parts are even pegged higher than the oem part. Dagdagan mo nga lang pala ng checking points because you will be driving 2 differentials intead of the usual 1 at the rear.

A plus point for the Safari model has standard rear diff lockers compared to other brands. As for its interior, this is something that I can't brag on, passengers and driver are snuggly fit into place. But a wider body with atleast 40 inch waist line will have some problem regarding the comfort. Its has bottle coolers in front and 1 liter bottle capacity cooler for the rear. Airconditioning can be added as a plus factor due to Calsonic. Afternarket mods parts are available provided you will order and plan a month before installing the parts.

When looking for a unit, always check the body rusts history, they are prone to rusts around the roof gutter area. From the interior, check the door mouldings which most of the units I have seen has damages on these parts.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wreckless, tsk tsk off road bug ang tawag diyan he..he
    kung ako sa iyo...

safari ka na lang
    kasi isa lang ang mine-maintain mo
    tignan mo si ungas di lang pang pamilya, pang hatak pa ng strada he..he

dati yung bayaw ko nakabenta ng 94 safari at 480T yata (not sure)
    may pang mods ka pa pang lift, a set of tires ayos pede ka na sumama next year sa high peak

naks 4 na ang safari dito!
    ------------------------------------

or bili ka ng dalawang lc70 mid wheel base
    tig isa tayo he..he

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    get a 4x4 pick-up or suv.
    forget the car, they are not for philippine roads.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    For me, I think it will be practical to get a car & a pick-up, para kung color-coding days and in case 1 of them breaks down, and it will happen, you'll at least have another ride

although maganda talaga ang safari

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung ibebenta mo ang starex mo, bili ka ng car and pickup para, as hybrid said, meron kang alternative car. pero kung hindi mo ibebenta starex mo, mag suv ka na!
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello ma'am wreckless! :D

Nagkalat ang murang safari sa Buendia auto center :D Make sure na tumawad kayo ng Php150,000 off the sticker :D

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    wreckless
    safari na lang mas maganda comp[ared sa pick up

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
planning to get a 4x4..