New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We've seen this first with the ford ranger with its new everest.
    same engine but minus 7 hp with everest. where'd it go?

i've read in a previous edition of 4 x 4 magazine, this time a nissan frontier becoming the nissan "xciter" but with a ZD30 engine to boot!

Motioncars' prediction for 2004
    http://www.motioncars.com/feature1/index.html

turn to page 2 and you'll see the future toyota revo, also following suit. looks like a 4runner.

and at page 3 the mitsubishi G Wagon, hmmm. Strada?

hmmm. only isuzu hasn't joined the league. i wonder why.
    maybe later they'd do it on the Dmax.

whats with them anyway? is this the turn the pickup into a wagon madness?:D hehehe
    Last edited by benchph1; January 6th, 2004 at 04:12 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's a low cost way of producing SUV's/AUV's. The original Toyota 4Runner was based on the Hi-Lux and the original Ford Explorer was derived from the Ranger. Even the Ford Expedition was originally an offshoot of the F150 platform. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at least the 4runner, explorer & the expe looks proportion to their bodies. the "wagonized" pickups looks awkward to me. its like they stamped some steel at the back of the pickups and put another row of seating in the back. waittaminit, isn't that what they did? hehehe :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Isuzu has the Rodeo/Wizard. Im sure they would come up with a newer model, now that the dmax is out.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    honga no kalimutan ko yung rodeo/wizard. in that case, isuzu was the first one who "wagonized" their pickup!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Una kong nakita na ganitong concept is the Nissan Pathfinder/Terrano. Early 90's.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1985 yung Terrano D21 lumabas. Ewan ko lang kung naunahan sila ng GEN I 4Runner. Fibertop pa ang 4Runner noon. hehehehe. Nakakaaliw. It wasn't until much later that they put in a steel roof version.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP dont forget ang pionner niyan ay ang FORD BRONCO
    with removable fiber top also

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the bronco became full-size only during 1978, it used the same mechanicals as the full size pick-ups. but during its intro in 66' up to 77' the bronco was not entirely based on the pick-up differences were that it used twin I beam coil front suspension, smaller motor and was considered to be a mid-size to compete with jeep's cj series, it had a different sheetmetal that any part of it was not in anyway similar to the pick-ups.

mitsus g-wagon is actually the montero sports in some countries and is based on the strada. they have identical dashboards and in some markets the rear suspension is coil others are leafs. isuzu has its own everest like wagon based on the d-max, i think one of the posters here used it as his sig or avatar. is it buknoy?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    it's very popular in Thailand, I was amazed that most pick-up brands have a wagon counterpart, if not all, when I was there a few years ago.
    back then, I was actually thinking making it into a project, get a cheap pick-up and put a roof on it.

Pick-up "wagonizing"