New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    hello mga SUV gurus! need comments about the Old Man Emu shocks & coils. totoo ba gumaganda ang ride? or porma Lang? tnx.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    hello mga SUV gurus! need comments about the Old Man Emu shocks & coils. totoo ba gumaganda ang ride? or porma Lang? tnx.
    Yes, ride improved on my Prado even with just the shocks. I'm not sure if the coils will do a lot to improve the ride, coz I was told it was just going to affect the ride height, and not the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Can I also ask a related question? Will these brand of shocks greatly improve the comfort and ride handling of my Ford Explorer Sport Trac (with A/T wheels). My Sport Trac wallows like a pig whenever I hit any kind of bump and sways left and right for a few moments afterwards.I use it when I go diving and pang harabas.
    Yes, it should improve the ride quality by improving body control. There was a guy who upgrade his Exped's shocks to Bilstein before and the wallowing effect was gone. But he also said it wasn't harsh.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Win for what car?

EQ yes there is OME shocks for your Sport Trac.

IM for your 120 series prado changing the coils will make it even better.

for Metro Manila check

http://www.rats4x4.com/

or PM me for more details and questions.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I doubt if they are for 'porma' since you can hardly see them [even in their loud yellow color].

It made the ride of our former LC77 really good but I can't compare to stock since the unit was already on OME's when we got it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    OME shocks are better than stock, yun nga lang parang masyado namang malambot because nag wallow left and right yung everest ko pag rough roads.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tagtag is still there....but blunt rather than sharp. For me....sulit.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    Win for what car?

EQ yes there is OME shocks for your Sport Trac.

IM for your 120 series prado changing the coils will make it even better.

for Metro Manila check

http://www.rats4x4.com/

or PM me for more details and questions.
    Hehe! I'd think so, but I don't want my Prado to get taller. ;)

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    ARB, my car is patrol '03 gas. actually i changed my shocks na & steering damper. pinag iisipan ko pa un coils. feeling ko kc parang bitin un "play" ng shocks? i want to hear the opinions ng mga nagpalit shocks & coils sana.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    ARB, my car is patrol '03 gas. actually i changed my shocks na & steering damper. pinag iisipan ko pa un coils. feeling ko kc parang bitin un "play" ng shocks? i want to hear the opinions ng mga nagpalit shocks & coils sana.
    i have a 01 patrol and changed the shocks and coil springs to OME. the ride is definitely better and softer. when the mechanics at the nissan casa test drove my patrol after its PMS and checkups, they commented that the ride is very soft even compared to the newer patrol models

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i have ome shocks since '95 in our nissan ultra eagle.. its not car-like but it does take away significant tag-tagness hehe.. kasi o.a. sa tagtag super tigas ng shocks parang tubo ang nakakabit at hindi shocks ahihi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Old Man Enu ride quality??