New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    FINALLY!!! Nakahanap din ako ng club for my ride! I thought there was no Isuzu Club here in the Philippines... I checked out the website of Isuzu Philippines... I think only those who bought there Troopers from the casa can be a member of their Trooper Club... oh well...

Anyway, for starters, I drive a '94 Isuzu Trooper (Bighron... JDM... in other words, SUBIC... hehehe) Lotus series, 3.1TDi (4JG2 engine). I think it's similar to sir garyq's. It's also color green. but mine has fender flares similar to the later models. My wheels are 16" plate-design na polished finish... parang yung AMG. My tires are 275/75 (or is it 70?) Dunlop Grandtrek's. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get to take one.

I think sakit talaga ng trooper ang alternator, or is it because Subic lang yung sa akin? I just changed mine, too. although replacement lang yung pinalit ko. sir garyq, do you encounter the same problem as I do w/ my power windows. Actually, yung front right window ko (yung dating driver side window), hirap umakyat... you need to help it by pushing on it as you press the switch to close it nakagasgas pa nga yung window ko eh. I couldn't use na nga my master switch ( na convert ko na to left-hand drive) to open and close the right front window. but okay naman for the rest of the windows.

Another problem I am experiencing now w/ my trooper is the power antenna. sir, saan ba napapagawa o nakakabili ng motor nun? around how much?

And lastly, sir, may owner's manual ka ba for the 4GJ2 engine? hirap naman kasing manghula lang sa pagkalikoy ng engine eh.

Anyway, that's all for now. sana we can have some sort of an EB so we can share more info with each other.

thanks guys! I sure will be a common fixture on this site!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    SIR may EB ho kami this saturday sa off the grill (timog).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome to tsikot trooperboy.
    -regarding sa club, bali mother club (yata) pa rin is the DieselClub.Org, once a month ang meeting, check out the threads sa dieselclub forum for membership.

-about the alternator, mukhang sakin nga yan ng trooper, may mga thread na rin about diyan sila redhorse at si garyQ

-sa power window, oo napansin ko rin sa trooper ko yan, kasi mukhang masikip ang goma kung saan dumadaan ang window, try mong i spray ng WD40.

-power antenna, try calling walco (banawe)
    olympia (araneta ave) jayson (binondo)

post your problems here and we will try to answer it,

GaryQ
    nakay trup na ba yung manual???
    di ba V6 version yun?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Thanks, Sir Kimpoy!

By the way, I saw your thread regarding the conversion of your Trooper! Galing! Where were you able to source your parts? if you don't mind me asking, around how much did you spend for the conversion? Where did you put your old grill and bumper? are you selling them?

Iniisip ko kasi na palitan yung bumper ko since wala pa siyang provision for foglamps. Also, where are your old headlamps? are you selling them? Yun sa akin kasi, because it was a JDM Bighorn, mali pa rin orientation ng headlamps ko. I think pasok naman yung '95-'97 na local headlamps sa mga mountings nung sa akin eh? Am i right?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hey trooper boy and the rest...i also just joined today..hheheh...although my ride is the domestic version.i too have or experience problems.... wow..eb..sama ako....27th_faktory: whats the details po

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    DO NOT spray Wd40 on molding of your power windows to make it go up/down smoothly

that'll make the moldings loose over time (mamaga)

best to use silicone spray (has same nozzle applicator as Wd40)
    available in suking ACE or Handyman

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by trooper boy
    Thanks, Sir Kimpoy!

By the way, I saw your thread regarding the conversion of your Trooper! Galing! Where were you able to source your parts? if you don't mind me asking, around how much did you spend for the conversion? Where did you put your old grill and bumper? are you selling them?

Iniisip ko kasi na palitan yung bumper ko since wala pa siyang provision for foglamps. Also, where are your old headlamps? are you selling them? Yun sa akin kasi, because it was a JDM Bighorn, mali pa rin orientation ng headlamps ko. I think pasok naman yung '95-'97 na local headlamps sa mga mountings nung sa akin eh? Am i right?
    thanks na source ko ang mga parts sa capalangan, apalit pampanga, about 15 minutes drive from where i work.

nandito pa sa akin ang mga old parts, and yes for sale sila, i'll just pm you the price.

tama ka yung headlight ng mga JDM is mataas pa ng right side, dito naman sa atin yung Left ang mataas ng kaunti.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by rlp1099
    DO NOT spray Wd40 on molding of your power windows to make it go up/down smoothly

that'll make the moldings loose over time (mamaga)

best to use silicone spray (has same nozzle applicator as Wd40)
    available in suking ACE or Handyman
    well ako naman masama ang experience ko sa silicone spray (pero baka naman din old stock na yung nagamit ko.)

clean it first muna baka naman dirt ang grime lang ang culprit.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by trooper boy
    sir garyq, do you encounter the same problem as I do w/ my power windows. Actually, yung front right window ko (yung dating driver side window), hirap umakyat... you need to help it by pushing on it as you press the switch to close it nakagasgas pa nga yung window ko eh. I couldn't use na nga my master switch ( na convert ko na to left-hand drive) to open and close the right front window. but okay naman for the rest of the windows.
    try applying "armor all" on the window guides.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Thanks, guys, for your suggestions! I'll probably try armor all first since meron naman ako nun sa bahay.

Anyway, Sir Kimpoy, what do you mean by pm... hehehe...sorry, newbie pa eh that's why I'm not familiar yet with forum lingoes. you can probably also text me the prices. I'm especially interested with the headlamps and the front bumper. my number is (0917)899-3808. I'll wait for your reply! thanks again! =)

May I know the details of the EB this saturday? can newbies like me join?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
new kid on d' block... lot's of queries