New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Pickuptruck.com is predicting the Toyota Tacoma to become the bestselling compact/midsize truck in the US in 2005. The Ford Ranger, the bearer of the crown for eons of years now, has imploded since Ford started ignoring it.The only real competition is from the GM twin, Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon , which i heard is based on the Isuzu D-Max there,loosely or otherwise. Oh wait, maybe even the Dodge Dakota....
    so who's leading there in the Philippines, D-max, Hilux or Frontier. I read somewhere that the Hilux and Tacoma are different,is that true?

2005 sales, compact/midsize trucks, USA

Toyota Tacoma---20,365
    Chevy Colorado---18,434
    Ford Ranger------15,848
    Dodge Dakota----14,339
    Nissan Frontier---11,976
    GMC Cayon--------4,746

PICKUP.COM link:
    toyota tacoma leads

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa pinas, d max yata but with the introduction of the new hilux, im sure it'll only be a few months and toyota will take over na.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yong hilux na release dito, walang abs... kakaasar wait muna ng 4 years+ bago lagyan just like the case of patrol?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK... from 2001-2003 Frontier ang best selling. can't find the CAMPI data for pick-ups for 2004 (though am betting it is the D-Max).

though for Jan 2005, the Hi-Lux is now leading.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tinanggal muna ng toyota ang abs para mabawasan ang cost, kaya mas mura ang hi-lux sa dmax. ;)
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    walang abs and airbags ata yun hilux... the 4x4's for both isuzu and toyo is sooo costly at 1.3M. I saw in C! yun price ng dodge dakota is 1.3M(?)

iilan yun nakikita ko na 4x4 models, pero dami ko nakikita na 4x2 d-max tas naka bling bling setup :D I think only Gold and Black are the colors for 4x4 D-max. Whereas the hilux 4x4 is totally taller than the 4x2.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Frontier has been the best selling for quite sometime now. Malakas kasi ang sales both to private owners and fleet operations (TV stations, utilities, etc.).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

the new bestselling compact/midsize pickup