New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    last weekend my dad and i went to lingayen to fetch my lolo. we brought our fortuner to the province... as we were approaching aguilar, pangasinan cruising at 140 km/h (it was in the middle of the night), biglang namatay engine ng fortuner namin!!! buti na lang straight road at gumagana pa brakes.... nung nagfull stop na kami, we tried to start the engine it started pero namamatay after a few seconds. eh di sinubukan uli namin i-start and my dad stepped on the accelerator for a few seconds and the engine started like nothing has happened. sabi ni daddy bumalik na naman uli yung dating problema at naiinis sya dahil pinalitan na supply pump dati...

what should we do?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    last weekend my dad and i went to lingayen to fetch my lolo. we brought our fortuner to the province... as we were approaching aguilar, pangasinan cruising at 140 km/h (it was in the middle of the night), biglang namatay engine ng fortuner namin!!! buti na lang straight road at gumagana pa brakes.... nung nagfull stop na kami, we tried to start the engine it started pero namamatay after a few seconds. eh di sinubukan uli namin i-start and my dad stepped on the accelerator for a few seconds and the engine started like nothing has happened. sabi ni daddy bumalik na naman uli yung dating problema at naiinis sya dahil pinalitan na supply pump dati...

what should we do?
    could this be another d4d problem? hmmm.. where did you fuel up? manila? big oil company? maybe na choke lang?

its still under warranty..pa check ninyo ulit the fuel pump or the whole system. explain to them what happened... its good nothing serious happened to the engine or other parts of your fortuner as you mentioned..bigla nag off yung engine at that speed....

have toyota check your car

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    ser numbah5, fort model ba ay 2.5 D4D? Anong year ba nilabas sa casa at odo reading sa ngayon? sori po, biglang ako ang maraming tanong

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka mumu lang yan sa dinaanan ninyo...hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    we had full tank sa petron commonwealth malapit sa philcoa.... we got it nov 2005 sa toyota dagupan at odo is nasa 22K.... ngayon 3 clicks bago umaandar ang makina pag di mo aapakan ang accelerator. it is 2.5 D4-D G... also a family friend of ours will sell his month old fortuner 2.7 VVTi G because of the ride and 3 weeks pa lang tumagas yung brake fluid. by the way he's not a forumer here...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post

what should we do?
    Minority ka lang hijo, an insignificant number. We shouldn't take you seriously. Well, you have no other choice but to have it checked again by the casa unless your warranty has expired.

need advice!!