New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I always love crossing floods and ive been researching wading depths of pickup trucks. But cant seem to find the wading depth of the Strada and im surprised to find out that the navara can only do 450mm.

Anyone who knows max wading of strada?

1. Ford Ranger T6 - 800mm
    2. Toyota Hilux - 700mm
    3. Nissan Navara - 450mm
    4. Mitsubishi Strada - ???
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 7th, 2012 at 11:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    lStrada has a better or the same clearance as a Hilux.

How about the Tundra and the Raptor any idea?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are no standards with regards to rating wading depth.

As a rule of thumb, anything above the center line of the wheels is no longer considered safe.

But that is not to say that the vehicle will not make it through. Nissan tends to be conservative in their ratings. But in real world off roading, you'd wouldn't be surprised to see Nissans headlamp deep in water.

Check the design of the air intake also as water ingestion will instantly grenade your engine.

Other water points like axle breathers, won't stop you dead in your tracks but will require maintenance not long after.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Strada 500 mm.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    During the height of typhoon pedring i was forced several times to cross the flooded roads of manila especially roxas bvld where in its super flooded due to the damaged sea wall. I was driving my navara, kasabayan ko nalang sa road were the hilux of redcross and some dump trucks. During that time hindi pa lifted truck ko kaya umaabot ng hood yun wading water while sa hilux nasa headlight lang yun wading water. Nakakatakot but i have no choice kasi since nasa malate area yun concentration ng business ko. No unfortunate incident naman and no damage done except for the loss plate sa front ng truck ko. After that ive lift my truck na 2 inches high just in case if that incident happens anew.

You can also check some videos at you tube of navaras crossing rivers without any aid of snorkels.
    Last edited by AKI125; May 9th, 2012 at 11:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    During the height of typhoon pedring i was forced several times to cross the flooded roads of manila especially roxas bvld where in its super flooded due to the damaged sea wall. I was driving my navara, kasabayan ko nalang sa road were the hilux of redcross and some dump trucks. During that time hindi pa lifted truck ko kaya umaabot ng hood yun wading water while sa hilux nasa headlight lang yun wading water. Nakakatakot but i have no choice kasi since nasa malate area yun concentration ng business ko. No unfortunate incident naman and no damage done except for the loss plate sa front ng truck ko. After that ive lift my truck na 2 inches high just in case if that incident happens anew.

You can also check some videos at you tube of navaras crossing rivers without any aid of snorkels.
    astig

Kaya nagtataka ako dun sa wading depth ng navarra. Yep I saw sa youtube nasa hood na nga tubig umaandar pa rin. Madalas mangyari talaga yan na natatangal ang plate during wading.

Palagay ka ng snorkel and extension ng breathing pipes sa transmission. madalas kase baha diyan sa area ng manila.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Don't rely on stock wading ability. Ever. Better to modify your rig with a proper snorkel.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Don't rely on stock wading ability. Ever. Better to modify your rig with a proper snorkel.
    Yeah, especially if the regular route is commonly flooded.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Agreed. Include also extension on transmission breathers.

Maximum wading depth of stock pickup trucks