1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medyo hehehe.. good one.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    the veed: thanks for the feedback..check ko nga yung sa akin

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    i'm using the Motolite 3sm na color green... calcium ba yun i'm not sure pero 3 years na din sa akin and wala pa din ako nagiging problem

With all the sound setup na meron ako sa car di pa naman ako napapahiya nung battery.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    I hope marevive yung thread na to as I find it very useful and education. My question is, I bought a Dyna Power MF Calcium battery just this May 2016, this is the first MF battery which I used since I had my first car. I had it installed on a Corolla Small body. I noticed that the two small holes on its upper sides emit lots of precipitates/fumes. Not sure if the water coming out of the holes is acid, distilled water of the battery or just precipitates/fumes. Luckily it doesnt cause corrosion on the fender of the car where it was emitted as well as the relay box directly on its side. Is it really normal for such kind of battery to emit too much water? At first I thought it was my water reservoir which is spitting water then I just noticed that it was the battery. Do I need to have it replaced by the dealer since it is under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    Yes, maintenance free batteries are definitely better. They are sealed better than low maintenance batteries resulting in less water loss and less corrosive precipitate formation. You can just drive and forget about them until of course they die down and needs replacement.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fox2lima View Post
    I hope marevive yung thread na to as I find it very useful and education. My question is, I bought a Dyna Power MF Calcium battery just this May 2016, this is the first MF battery which I used since I had my first car. I had it installed on a Corolla Small body. I noticed that the two small holes on its upper sides emit lots of precipitates. Not sure if the water coming out of the holes is acid, distilled water of the battery or just precipitates. Luckily it doesnt cause corrosion on the fender of the car where it was emitted as well as the relay box directly on its side. Is it really normal for such kind of battery to emit too much water? At first I thought it was my water reservoir which is spitting water then I just noticed that it was the battery. Do I need to have it replaced by the dealer since it is under warranty?
    my motolite maintenance-free battery doesn't spew out anything like that.
    put a barrier between the battery and your fender, po. corrosion doesn't show itself until it's too late to protect the paint and metal.

errr... is it just possible, that "MF" on that battery is just a name, and doesn't really mean "maintenance-free" ?
    Last edited by dr. d; July 29th, 2016 at 09:55 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Baka ito ang reason...

From Silver calcium battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Silver calcium batteries generally require more charging voltage (14.4 to 14.8 V) and may not be functional in older vehicles because their power generating systems (alternators) give lower voltages than those of modern vehicles. This also may occur with static chargers, some of which fail to charge these batteries."

From Modern Battery Problems: Calcium/Calcium Premature End-of-Life - CTEK Battery Chargers

"The problem with Calcium/Calcium occurs when they are deep discharged. The reduced water loss on these batteries is gained by reducing the gassing during recharge. Unfortunately this gassing helps to mix the acid. As a result the Calcium/Calcium batteries very often experience stratification, i.e. uneven acid weight height wise. The acid weight could be 1.17 or lower at the top and 1.35 or higher in the bottom for a battery that seems fully charged. This could cause sulphation and grid corrosion, which leads to underused capacity and premature end-of-life."

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *fox2lima: We use Motolite Gold and Enduro MF batteries. No problem like that.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
are Maintainance-Free Batteries really better?