The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much ba selling ng L200 ngayon?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    L200 conversion. gawing 4x4 with a solid axle front. i was about to do this to my pajero. palit ng solid axle instead of ifs. pag ginawa mo ito, tatalunin mo sa of road ung stock paj.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang selling ng L200 ngayon nasa 200-250k nalang po. I would really want to get a 2nd hand 4x4 as most of you suggest. However, nakakaguilty naman sa dad ko coz he sold me this truck for a cheap prize and he still needs it para sa ikauunlad ng andoys roasters..hehe. Maybe 2-3 years from now, pwede ko na ibenta.

Otep,
    Parang ang baba naman...350k lang for a 4x4 strada? Baka eto yung bare lang na L200 na 4x4. The hard part on this is mahirap na maghanap ng matinong model na ganito.

MBT,
    medyo lifted naman ang pick-up ko compared to the stock L200.

PK,
    swap tayo sasakyan..hehe

Bubbles,
    How much ang estimate cost ng conversion? If this will go below 100k, I'll probably check on it.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    it may cost you less than 100k. you buy surplus chassis ng L200 4wd or pajero. then exchange the engine and transmission and the whole front suspension in the case of pajero chassis, naka super select ka pa turbo intercooler. baka 4m4o pa ang ma bili mo. in the case sa l200 4wd chassis, lift up mo orig body mo and transfer sa 4wd chassis. sell youor old engine and chassis componets. it has been done here with mazda, mitsu pick-up here in our place.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARB,
    Thanks for the info. By the way, is it possible if I just retain my old engine? I dont wanna change my engine na kasi eh.

If ever, transmission and 4wd chassis lang ang kailangan ko ipa-install right?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in line with conversion,
    can i do a solid axle swap?

can i put coils up front?

ride is gen 1 strada

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    you can, but with benefit of the turbo why hold on to your engine. with this conversion you will be using the front IFS config of the donor chassis. parang orig na mitsu din ang pick-up mo.

kimpoy-pwede siguro coils but it will take a lot more work.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Solid axle swaps have not really gotten off the ground for Mitsubishis since the market is small. Sa US, meron Montero GEN I na naka Dana 44 sa harap tapos leaf spring suspension na. Lots of custom stuff yun.

Yung coils mahirap din kasi the halfshafts need a way to pass through. Coilovers are possible per hindi cost effective and there is very little gained in terms of wheeltravel.

Then there is the super expensive Ironman lift kit.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by Ungas

Diff Lockers = Differential Lockers, which can be locked manually if the driver senses some tire traction is bound to happen. An on/off switch which the driver dictates when he wants his diffs in a locked position. Downside, it can break axles if you don't use it properly.

[/B]
    WHAT IS PROPER USE AND IMPROPER USE OF THIS? PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS. THANKS.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Difflocks should only be used when there is sufficient slippage between the left and right side of the axles. In short, when you are in very deep $hit.

Works great for soft lahar, too.

Without a difflock, power will just follow the path of least resistance. Which is always the tire with the least traction. Difflocks eliminate this phenomena by locking the left and right sides together making them rotate at equal speeds irregardless of the traction situation of either one.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
LSD and Diff Lockers